Second mammogram sceduled

Just got the call yesterday afternoon that I have to go back for a second mammogram and possible ultra sound. The first appointment they have in next Monday at 2:30. That seems like a lifetime away for me.

I have a hard, movable lump, about the size of a pea, on the lower right corner of my right breast.

How worried should I be about this? I am scared to death right now. From what I have read it could be nothing to of course it could advanced stages of breast cancer.

This waiting is going to kill me, forget the lump!!

I have no one to turn to for support. We moved here about a year ago, I have no friends or family. I don’t want to tell my husband till I know what is going on. He will be in panic mood and that will not be good for our son.

Thanks

Dear Pandi,

I am sure you will soon get a lot of support from the other users of this forum.

The Breast Cancer Care Helpline is also there to provide information and emotional support. They are open from 9.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am-2.00pm on Saturdays.

The number is 0808 800 6000

Kindest regards

Janet
Facilitator

sorry to hear you are so worried, you need to tell your husband about the lump, I discovered mine in January and didnt do anything about it until April and thats when I told my husband, I couldnt have dealt with it on my own, I have 2 teenage sons and we didnt tell them until I was diagnosed.

I have been one of the “lucky” ones, I had a lumpectomy, grade 2 cancer, didnt require chemo, started my tablets and start radiotherapy next month, not knowing was horrible and the waiting was a nightmare but somehow you get through it.

but please try and share this with your husband.

take care

Carol

hi Pandi - agree totally with Carol (same dx as Carol,rads just finished,tamoxifen to come)
The very worst bit for me was the not knowing, once I did then I could deal with it. I told my husband straight away,which was important,you do need to share with someone close. I also told our very lovely decorator who was painting the hall the day I got my recall letter - I was so worried that I had to say something- he was fantastic ! I didn’t want to tell my parents as I was so worried about frightening them (my younger brother died of cancer and my sister in law had a very aggressive breast cancer) but I had to as I needed someone to look after my son when we went to the hospital. There are lots of lovely people on this site who will be here if you need to say how you’re feeling, but I think you do need to share with your husband
chipper xxx

So sorry that you are going through this and hoping that it is all innocent for you. Stay in touch and try not to worry.

Love

Jane x

Will be thinking of you on Monday - and i hope that you have been able to tell your husband about this…

Really hope it is good news for you…

Theresa