secondaries

secondaries

secondaries Can any one tell me if they have had secondaries after having dcis and a mastectomy.

I have had a bilateral mastectomy three months ago,
and am so scared of getting secondaries.

I cant seem to find any information about secondary cancer after dcis.

I would be grateful for any information.

Thanks Jo x x x

secondaries Dear Jo

I can’t offer you any hard information - I’ve only just been diagnosed with (probably) DCIS myself. Treatment yet to be decided.

But like you, I’ve already done loads of information searching and I suspect that the reason you can’t find anything on secondaries is that they are just so incredibly rare after DCIS that there’s nothing to write about.

Have you found the MedifocusHealth report on DCIS? I thought it was really helpful, even though you have to ignore some of the USA-only stuff.

medifocushealth.com

I’m sure you’ll be fine. Good luck.

Jane

For Marylebone Hello Jane

Welcome to the forums where you will get lots of help and useful information from the users of this site.

I noticed from your profile that you are unsure about the questions to ask at your next appointment on Wednesday. If you would like to telephone the BCC freefone helpline the breast care nurses and trained staff will be able to give you help and guidance on what to ask at this appointment. The number to phone is 0808 800 6000 the lines being open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

Hope this is of help.

Kind regards
BCC Host