Secondary Breast cancer spread to the brain

Hi

My mum was told yesterday that her secondary breast cancer, which is present in the lungs and liver, has now spread to the cerebellum in the brain. We have an appointment with the neurologist on Monday but so far the doctors have told us that it might start to affect her balance and memory. Has anyone been through this or heard of people that have and if so, what was their course of treatment and prognosis? Thanks

Hi Laura De, 

I am really sorry to hear you and your mum are going through this difficult time and I am sure users will be along to share their support and stories soon.

In the meantime, if you would like to talk, you can always call ourhelpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about your mums diagnosis and offer a friendly ear. The helpline opening hours are: 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

The same thing happened to my friend, she had a procedure called gamma knife surgery that was successful, she had to self fund tho as it was not offered at the hospital she was being treated at, hospitals in other regions do offer it tho.