Seecondary now in Liver

Hi ladies, I have secondary breast cancer and bone mets that has now spread to my liver. I have been treated with ribo, pablo and citabine over last 18 months and they are now moving me onto Taxol. 3 weeks on 1 week off. Would be grateful to hear any positive stories, exp of Taxol treatment and if a cooling cap works. Thank you all in advance xx

2 Likes

Cooling cap works for me on - though some hairless at top with hair thinning.
I am On taxol 3 weeks on 1 week off.
I find it ok with cold cap, just a bit cold first ten minutes. Bring a blanket. Read up on cold cap on cancerhaircare website and watch videos on that site. Do they use Paxman cooling system at your hospital- the Paxman site has more info too.

Ask for a port perhaps as you need blood test and chemo access twice a week (apart from on week off).

On the taxol - it’s not too bad. No serious side effect no vomiting. Some neuropathy.

Check your hospital parking policy - if you attend three of more times per 30 days for three months in a row they should offer free parking but they may not advertise this clearly - with the frequent visits for treatment and oncologist meetings this should apply.

Hugs