Seeking advice on secondary breast cancer in lungs and bones

I had DCIS with no lymph involvement in 2010 in left breast which was removed and reconstruction completed the following year Then ER postive HER2 negative breast cancer in 2018 with one lymph node involved had 6 chemo sessions and 3 weeks radiotheraphy I have been on letrozole since Nov 2018 with 6 monthly bone injections. This year in May I lost my voice and after ct scans in July have been told there are hot spots in both lungs and on my left hip and 3 back bones I have had two lung biopsy with 10 samples taken over the last 5 weeks all have been inconclusive but indicate C4 lung cancer the plan is to do another biopsy next week as cancer treatment plan cannot start unless the biopsy is C5 what options are there if the biopsy is again inconclusive this long wait for answers is distressful. Can I add that I had a DAX scan in Dec 23 which showed increased bone density to normal levels in both the hip and spine blood tests that followed showed no increase in calcium levels and an injection to lock in the effects of the 6 monthly bone injections was done in May 24. If bone density had increased why has the ct scan shown hot spots which are being classified as potentially? cancerous

2 Likes

Sorry you’ve not had a response from the nurses yet, didn’t want to pass your post by without acknowledging you :heart:sorry I can give any help but you might also want to contact metupuk. A very dear friend from here feelthefear was one of the beautiful ladies who helped set up and run metupuk, please do Google it, it might be another group for support if you’ve not heard of them :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

Hi ameynelli61,

Thanks for posting.

It sounds as though you are having a difficult time at the moment and it’s understandable you feel distressed waiting for your repeat lung biopsy and the subsequent results.

At times like this it can help to talk to someone about how you are feeling and ask questions. You are very welcome to our helpline where our team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary.

Knowing what the plan would be if there is a further inconclusive result is important and can help you cope during this difficult time. However, the best people to answer your questions and concerns about this. are your treatment team.

As mentioned above, please do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000. If you have hearing or speech difficulties prefix our number with 18001 and the call will go through Relay UK. Our helpline has access to telephone interpreters so if language translation is required you can also call 0808 800 6000

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back .

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Vic

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.