Seroma and massage

Hi all,

I’m 8 weeks post smx to flat and still have a seroma overhanging my scar. My question is, should I start scar massage or wait until after the seroma has cleared?

Thanks!

This is the sort of question you should ask your breast nurse when you go for a follow up appointment - they’ll need to see it in person to give you the right answer.

Good luck with your healing. xx

Hi, absolutely get yours checked for advice, but please be prepared for a possible longer haul. Im almost 6 months post op and it looks like I still have a small boob which is seroma. It is slowly going but can take a longer time than I hoped and expected. I am now getting support from a local charity that offers seroma massage - maybe get it lined up if you can find someone, so when your BCN signs you off you can start. Good luck!