Should I Be Feeling Tired?

Hi, I was diagnosed on 20th April with IDC Gr3 ER and PR+, HER-.  I’ve had mammograms, ultrasounds, an MRI, more ultrasounds but as yet no treatment.  I am feeling very weary though.  I appreciate a lot of treatments make you feel tired but I haven’t started any yet, I don’t even have a date for surgery yet.  Does having breast cancer make you more tired (even before treatment starts) or am I just imagining it? 

Thanks x

Before I was diagnosed in Nov 21, I kept falling asleep on the sofa just about every night. I thought it was because I wasn’t as fit as usual, but it when I was diagnosed I realised why.

Hello toottoot 

Thank you for you post.  This sounds like a difficult time for you.   

As @krtea says, it is not unusual to feel tired and weary when you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  The  emotional impact of having scans and awaiting results and treatment can have an impact on energy levels and leave some women feeling quite weary. 

There are some things you may want to try to help manage your energy levels whilst you are waiting to begin treatment  Trying to stay physically active can help. Eating a healthy well balanced diet is also important. You may also find the following tips for better sleep helpful.  

We offer a range of free supportive services that you might be interested in. For more details about all of these services, please see the information on the link, or call our free Helpline 

We are currently evaluating this service and would appreciate your feedback. Please click here to the survey. It should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.  

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001). 

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form t** icking the box agreeing to a call back.** 

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.  

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes 

Angela 

Breast Care Nurse 

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy  

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.