sick n tired

hiya,this is my first time on this site, i was wondering if anyone experienced horrible nausea when taking tamoxifen. I have only taken it for a week straight after my radiotherapy and feel it has set me back about 5 months
i feel like i did when i was having chemo. my bcn has advised i can stop for now but restart in january although i feel reluctant. has anyone experienced similar symptoms how long did they last for? and what did they do to manage it?

Hello shazza bazza

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Shazza bazza - I take tamoxifen and im fine.I did see a thread though where the lady was the same and someone advised her to take it at tea time with food , she was then ok. Maybe worth trying changing when u take it and if u dont already take it with food?
Hope u get a solution
xxxx

Hi shazza bazza,

Lorna45 was talking about me, had a very bad time with constant nausea, lasted almost 3 months till I spoke to my BCN who suggested I take the tamoxifen on a full tummy, so as soon as I finish tea I take the tab, within 3 days nausea had almost gone. I couldn’t believe it!!!
I only feel a little squeamish now and then but absolutely nothing like the way I felt before. I could have cried with the relief of it all because feeling like that all the time is soooooooo draining!! Hopefully if you do the same it will stop the nausea for you too!!!
The very best of luck and please let me know how you get on xx

thanks lorna45 and katytc feel a bit more positive about restarting the tamoxifen now,i did try taking it at night but not with a full belly so will take your advise and hopefully it will sort out the sickness. thanks again and have a good christmas