Skin mets in MBC

Any people got any hope for skin mets treatments in 2024? So few anywhere. I have bone and lung too and am hoping that the targeted therapy I am just about to start will spread to the skin too. Any help or hope out there. am very very frightened. This was found after a ‘benign’ cyst removal!!!

3 Likes

I am so, so sorry. Treatment will depend on what kind of breast cancer you have but yes, anything that targets the bones and lung will also target the skin.

1 Like

Hi
I have mets to skin and just had electro chemotherapy to the area
Find out if it’s worked next week
Hope you go on ok with your treatment xxx

2 Likes

So sorry to hear of your skin mets. I had Electrochemotherapy with Calcium subcutaneous in 2023. Unfortunately it did not work. In January 2024 I had Electrochemotherpy again with IV and subcutaneous Bleomycin. This too did not work. Following each course of Electrochemotherapy I have had to continue with systemic chemo ( Trodelvy) for Bone mets so my skin wounds never can heal.
I have heard wonderful things about the Electrochemotherpy so please do not lose hope. Every case is different. I will keep everything crossed for you. Stay hopeful x

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @lizzyt1

I am so sorry to hear what you’re going through. The forum is full of kind people and I hope you find the support that you’re looking for.

We have an area of the forum for people living with secondary breast cancer where you may find more people who can share similar experiences. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, you can find the forum board here: Latest Living with secondary breast cancer topics - Breast Cancer Now forum

We’re thinking of you,
Lucy

1 Like