Slimming World or Weight Watchers

Have decided that I must lose some weight, try to get my energy levels back - or at least some of them - get rid of these “doldrums” and give myself a kick up the backside to get motivated. What do you all think of the two slimming clubs? Do they work, what are the differences in each club and what experiences have any of you had with them regarding diet and BC? Would really appreciate your comments please :slight_smile:

Love K

Hi Kelly After my masectomy and chemo was finished I went back to the slimming club I have been to both of them as have been slimming off and on all my life. I found them both very good the only thing I did find was that the weight watchers diet was a lot easier to follow. I found the slimming world a bit hard to get my head around. With weight watchers the book is definitely a lot easier to understand. Saying that to you my friend lost 5 stone with slimming world. If you look on both sites you will get a look at what kind of diets they both are. Also weight watchers you can join at the moment for half price. I live in Scotland now and I go to scottish slimmers its also very good I have lost one and a half stone in 8 weeks but there is none of them classes in England. If I was you I certainly would give one of them a go as it has made me feel like a new person. I am now back fitting into my clothes again and feel great. I am back at work now after finishing chemo the end of July I do have to take Arimadex for 5 years I do hope you get on well with which ever one you decide on. Let me know and if you need any advice get in touch Love Linda xxx

Slimming Clubs are all about peer group pressure and competitiveness. They work if you are motivated by not wanting to be the heaviest / the one who lost the least last week/ whatever. If it would all roll off you like water off a ducks back, don’t bother.

You will probably find there is a nurse at your local surgery who gives diet advice? She would also monitor your health in ways that won’t happen at a typical slimming club such as blood tests and blood pressure readings.

If you’ve recently finished chemo, a lot of it is down to steroids and you will go back to your old weight by simply going back to old eating habits and exercise. If you want to do it more quickly, eliminate some junk food and increase the exercise.

Remember no harsh diets if your Hb level is still low after chemo. You get your strength up first then set about losing weight.

Hi Kelly

But it’s nearly Christmas !!! You can’t diet now !!! Stuff yourself silly and start your diet in the New Year. That’s my advice !

Love Julie xx

P.S If you insist though, I’ve heard Weightwatchers is the better one to join !

Hi Kelly

I AM GOING TO WEIGHTWATCHERS AND IT IS EASY AND REALLY DOES WORK. YOU STILL NEED TO BE MOTIVATED, BUT I FIND THE SUPPORT FROM THE GROUP REALLY HELPS. THERE IS DEFINATELY NO COMPETITION, AND THE WEIGH IN IS CONFIDENTIAL, SO NO ONE KNOWS WHO HAS PUT ON OR LOST WEIGHT.

I AM FEELING SO MUCH BETTER AFTER LOSING NEARLY 1 1/2 STONE. I HAVE BEGUN EXERCISING AGAIN AND MY JOINTS DEFINATELY DONT ACHE AS MUCH. IT IS ALSO A VERY HEALTHY DIET BUT YOU CAN INDULGE IN TREATS IF YOU ALLOW FOR THEM!

GOOD LUCK, GIVE IT A GO.

IRENE

Hi
Just before my DX I had just lost 2 stone using Closerdiets.com. I found it really good, cheaper than the ‘class’ based ones and if you like t’internet stuff then it is a good option. You can swap menus and meals etc, save your own recipes etc. I m gonna rejoin this week as I put on 1.5 stone over the summer by not dieting, not running and taking steroids…ho hum back to square one!!!
Good luck
Ali
x