SLNB Micrometastases

Hi all,

Any help would be great, I have been told I have Micrometastases cancer cells in one node the other was clear.

I have been told they do nothing about this eeek not sure how to take this :thinking:

I’m having a double mastectomy now as DCIS were found when they did my Lumpectomy.

Cancer grade 2 has been removed with claer margins & DCIS aren’t removed yet.

So have been told no radiotherapy or chemo willl likely be needed.

Obviously this sounds great but its also panicking me as I’m so scared of reacurrance :grimacing::sob: what if more is in other nodes ???

Hi @kat-jack. It sounds good that you don’t need any further treatment. I had macrometastasis in my SLNB and have to have a clearance now. How many nodes did they take? They only took one off me so I was positive for cancer in 1/1. I might now have to have chemo but I won’t know until theyve tested all of the lymph nodes that are being removed next week. Hopefully and by the sound of it, they’ve got it all out of you now. X

Hi @kat-jack and @bluesatsuma. I have Pr/er+ her2-, sentinel node showed micromet which my consultant says they class as negative, therefore lymph nodes clear. My consultant thought I would only need the surgery and Tamoxifen. However, at MDT meeting, Predict showed a benefit of 5.5% in getting chemo so I am going for it, starting next week. What concerns me is that only one node was removed. I feel as though I won’t relax until I know none of the others were affected. I have been given studies to read by my BCN but these are hard to follow.

1 Like

@ngt I think the chemo will kill any cancer in the lymph nodes and I appreciate you are worried there is more but if there is, chemo will sort it. My node had a macrometastasis of 4mm and now I’ve had all the nodes taken out, I will wait to see if anymore cancer is found. My understanding is that if 1-3 nodes are positive I can avoid chemo, but 4 or more and I will need it. I think its good they’ve used predict to check as I havent had any tests like that. Hopefully, they will get you all sorted soon. Good luck and keep us posted. X

@bluesatsuma Thank you for replying. I hope that’s the case. The BCN had said only one node showed up “hot”. I also asked the plastic surgeon who did my diep surgery why only one was taken and he said only one showed in the dye and he wouldn’t go rooting around for more. I hope there’s no more shows up in any of your removed nodes x

1 Like

I’m also worried about it being in more nodes. My surgeon has said i probably won’t need any treatment apart from Tamoxifen. As im having a double mastectomy.

Its hard to get your head around that it couldn’t be in anymore nodes.

I never had the dye they just used the radioactive injection and took x2 nodes.

I asked to have an oncotype test done. I have a oncologist appointment 11th April to discuss this. My MDT meeting was this Monday and seeing consultant on Friday so things may have changed :thinking:

Hi @kat-jack just thought it would be helpful to share that my team also said micro metastasis is not considered ‘positive’ when found in a single node. My SLNB found 2/9 with macro metastasis, then I had axillary clearance which found 1 node with micro metastasis- I was told if this had been found on its own in the SLNB I would have been considered ‘node negative’. Hope this helps xx

1 Like

@kat-jack You should hopefully qualify for the Oncotype test. I was offered it but didn’t actually take it in case it came back low and I then wouldn’t be allowed to go ahead with chemo. The 5.5% benefit from Predict is enough to convince me I should take chemo. I just want to feel I have thrown everything at it that I can. Everyone is different though and I can totally understand going for the Oncotype and hopefully not having to go through chemo x

1 Like

@sap1981 I had macro in slnb and I’m now waiting for results from my axillary clearance. As I’m lymph node positive, does that mean if they find any more in the axillary clearance that I might be offered chemo? What were your next steps after your axillary clearance? Thank you and I hope all is going well x