start of treatment

Hi all

Anyone any idea when first treatment likely to start.  I have lung mets and saw onc 1 April.  She said I would hear soon after Easter with a date to start treatment - nearle 2 weeks ago.  She also said treatment would start before the scan, that is booked for day after tomorrow.   I have telephoned the breast cancer nurse who told me I am ‘in the loop’ and will be called.

I feel I am being a nuisance if I keep ringing but what else can I do?

Sandi xx

Hi myplace

You might find it helpful to phone our helpline to talk over how you are feeling.  They will be able to offer information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Sandi. Do you know what kind of treatment you are having? Will it be chemo or hormone therapy. I have only had hormone therapy but then my cancer is in my bones…maybe different for lungs…mine was also very high ER+
It may be worth it to post on the ‘lungs met’ thread…lots of very knowledgeable ladies on there.
I know what you mean about feeling a nuisance - it’s awful that they make us feel like that sometimes…but put yourself first.

Hi,sandi, you’re not being a nuisance at all but I know how you feel. If your on hormone tablets it does sound a bit long to wait as onc could have written prescription out straight away or is it chemo?
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxx