Staying on Ananzrodole after 5 years?

Hi seen a few posts on this and was looking for some feedback… I have just been taken off this after 5 years but did want to stay on it longer, i dont notice the side effects anymore and havent been taking it for 3 weeks and notice no difference either. I was told that because i was BRCA1 and only er plus 2 that it wouldnt be of benefit, most people with BRCA1 are usually triple negative.  I had an aggressive tumor, had chemo, rads, ovaries removed then on ananzordole for 5 years.  I feel like ive lost my security blanket and the explanation is that it probably wouldnt benefit me much and if  i was er plus 2 it may have changed now and no stts to say of benefit, however i did have senital node invovlement and heard people saying that it would then be of beneift, sooo… just looking for opinions and what others have been told before I decide if to go back or not, my doctor is lovely but at the end of the day its my life too.

Look forward to any responses xx

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I can imagine it had become a security blanket. I’m fairly new on it, so can’t help from that view, but can I suggest you ring the BCC helpline - I rang with a question and was helped hugely by the calm, knowledgeble person I spoke to, who told me about results from research etc - really helped clarify my mind. It’s definitely your life and your peace of mind.

Good luck, Jo x

Thanks very much jo x good luck on your journey x