Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

I never thought I’d be feeling envious of people getting chemo before me!! Who’d choose to get poisoned?!

Really glad you are ready for off kittenkat.remember the riders will surround you with love and protection.
My photo was taken at a bcpals meet where we had had photos taken of our scars for a photo album on site to show people how various ops turn out!Come on girls how many times have you been out to tea with people you have only met in cyber space and queued up to flash your boobs for the camera!
Keep safe my loves
The Old Onexx

Belated congratulations for the baby - my ISP has been playing up - also commiserations to all who have been messed about this week.
A question for Carole - how long between feeling like you’ve been stood upside down in a termite nest to the start of the moult ?
I have to see the wig lady tomorrow and wonder whether I should get something to tide me over until the wig is delivered
Regards to all, Tumbleweed

Hey tumbleweed from the tinglies to tressless was about a week for me lolxxxx

A store that sells new husbands has opened in Belfast, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs.

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

“That’s nice,” she thinks, “but I want more.”

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking.

“Wow,” she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

“Oh, mercy me!” she exclaims, “I can hardly stand it!”

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:

!

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

PLEASE NOTE:

To avoid gender bias charges, the store’s owner opened a New Wives store just across the street.

The first floor has wives that love sex.

The second floor has wives that love sex and have money and like beer.

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited

It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

One human hair can support 3 kg (6.6 lb).

The average man’s penis is three times the length of his thumb.

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

A woman’s heart beats faster than a man’s.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet

Women blink twice as often as men.

The average person’s skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Women reading this will be finished now.

Men are still busy checking their thumbs.

mind you gennie - I finished quick but the felt compelled to look at my thumb - not that I have a willy you understand…just curious…;o)

martina - love that!! mary x

Tumbleweed, my hair started coming out on Day 12 after chemo. I cut it on the evening of Day 13 because it didn’t look like my hair anymore and it was bugging me (ok, making me cry), but if I’d put a bit of effort into cutting it well rather than going for GI Jane, I probably would have got most of a week out of it before it was really too thin and needed covered. It varies though, but I think most folk start coming out somewhere in the 3rd week. The wigs can take a couple of weeks to arrive. You’ll want a scarf or hat anyway -miles easier to just pull one on in the morning to get the day started - so I’d suggest nipping out and getting a groovy little something or two. :slight_smile:

LMAO! Love the jokes! :smiley: Here’s yet another one at the expense of mankind.

How to Shower Like a Man

Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in a pile.
Walk naked to the bathroom.
Look at your manly physique in the mirror.
Admire the size of your willy and scratch your butt.
Get in the shower. Wash your face. Wash your armpits.
Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse them off.
Fart and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower.
Spend majority of time washing privates and surrounding area.
Wash your butt, leaving those coarse butt hairs stuck on the soap.
Wash your hair. Make a Shampoo Mohawk.
Pee.
Rinse off and get out of shower.
Partially dry off.
Fail to notice the water on floor because curtain was hanging out of tub the whole time.
Admire willy size in mirror again.
Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, and light and fan on.
Return to bedroom with towel around waist.
Throw wet towel on bed.

And just to be fair: How to Shower like a Woman

Take off clothing and place it in sectioned laundry hamper according to lights and darks.
Walk to bathroom wearing long robe.
Look at your womanly physique in the mirror – make mental note to do more sit-ups/leg-lifts, etc.
Get in the shower. Use wash cloth, long loofah, wide loofah and pumice stone.
Wash your hair once with cucumber and sage shampoo with 43 added vitamins.
Wash your hair again to make sure it’s clean.
Condition your hair with grapefruit mint conditioner.
Wash your face with crushed apricot facial scrub for 10 minutes until red. Wash entire rest of body with ginger nut and jaffa cake body wash.
Rinse conditioner off hair.
Shave armpits and legs.
Rinse off.
Turn off shower.
Squeegee off all wet surfaces in shower.
Spray mold spots with Tilex.
Get out of shower. Dry with towel the size of a small country.
Wrap hair in super absorbent towel.
Return to bedroom wearing long robe and towel on head.

Carole - the photo looks great…:smiley:

Gen - hope they finally pull their finger out and get your chemo sorted…

The last few days i’ve suddenly started getting breathless again - like i was at the end of chemo and getting some strange pains to be honest i am not even that sure where they are coming from… lung? I just phoned my breast cancer nurse but she was really dismissive and said i should phone my gp and not her… and that “even if is it is rad damage you signed the consent form” er yes… but if it is rad damage is there anything i am meant to do? also i did look it up and as well as rad damage it could be cancer spread… anyway will try and phone my gp’s surgery to see if i can get an appointment. (that little scenario just tells you an awful lot about what the breast cancer care nurses are like at the unit i go to by the way…)
Also just since saturday every time i eat a meal i keep getting really exhausted and having to go for a 2 hour sleep… (mind you i could well believe that is rad related…:D)

Your bcn should be sacked-honestly that is an appalling attitude.The reasons for your symptoms coud be many but her attitude is so unprofessional.I would phone your GP and when you see him/her explain your bcn’s behaviour.It might also be worth asking your breast clinic if there is another bcn to whom you should be referred.
I am going to try to put Ed’s photo as my avatar temporarily so watch for it!!
T.O.O.
It didnt work dont know why my last attempt to chage it was fine:(

Hi horace can’t wait to see the little one’s piccie…:smiley:

To be honest when i was first diagnosed a couple of friends who are nurses raised eyebrows at hearing where i was going to be treated as the breast nurses at the unit have a bit of a poor reputation…:frowning: The “best” one was when i was waiting to hear the results from my second scan during chemo to see if the tumour was shrinking… and the other nurse wouldn’t even come out of the nurses staff room to tell me the results (which were it wasn’t shrinking…) and so i had to get the receptionist on the chemo unit to look them up for me on the screen… Then when i was upset that the tumour wasn’t shrinking and wanted to discuss it with one of them they sent back a message that they were too busy to discuss it… This was at 9am on clinic day so apparantly they already knew they would have no time to talk during the next 2 and a half hours that i was there for chemo…

That’s appalling! Makes you wonder why some people go into the medical profession doesn’t it if they have no interest in helping people?

Guess what?!

My chemo is starting TOMORROW!! The Healthcare people phoned me up and asked me a few questions and then if I had a preference for day or time. I said I didn’t mind so long as it was done while the kids are at school. They then phoned back and said my nurse was in my area tomorrow so could we start then?! Couldn’t think of any reason why not so tomorrow it is, some time in the afternoon before 3. FINALLY!

I also had my overdue smear test today, as I have been merrily procrastinating about that for a few months as usual. Apparently my bajingo looks healthy so hopefully that won’t bring any nasty surprises! My wound is very slightly over-granulating again so I’ve had a tad more silver stuff put on that. It’s getting better though and good enough for chemo.

So that’s me. I received the phone call to tell me they were coming tomorrow whilst standing in the middle of Boots dithering over shower gels lol.

a question carol - - i had chemo today, how long with you before the gremlins set in. i feel ok but i keep thinking i should be feeling something and wondering if it is gonna hit me all of a sudden or is it a gradual thing. its like its hiding on me waiting to pounce out when i dont expect it. any info would be great from anyone.

martina feelin suspicious

How was it Martina? Does it take long? I imagine it feels like being a ticking time bomb waiting for something to happen. A bit like waiting to go into labour!!

Gen - that is great news…:smiley:

Martina - with my first type AC it started to hit a few hours later with docetaxol (another name for taxotare) it hit a couple of days later… here’s hoping you are okay… hugs…

Our bcns are usually ace but I’m not sure which one had lost the plot today. One examined my scar area and admitted it was red but not infected cos I wasn’t running a temperature.However she would put me on anti-biotics just in case.
She then sent me to the other one to drain the area, but no 2 didn’t want to do that cos it had an infection. Evidently my bleeding is “chemo-related” - maybe I should apply for a job cos I could have told her that !
She said I’m not lifting the arm as high as I could be, to which I replied “that’s cos I’m sore”.
The reply was that I should take pain-killers then do the exercises. Presumably that means it’s Ok to tear things apart as long as you can’t feel it !
At least the wig is ordered - assuming it’s in stock, I could have it delivered in a couple of days.
Best wishes to all

That is unbelievably bad Theresa. I wouldn’t just see your GP, I’d have a really big talk with him/her about the bc nurses and possibly making a complaint. Totally agree, they should be sacked on the spot. Oooooooh, I am fuming here. How dare they treat you like that!!! AAAAARRRRGH, and GGGRRRRRRR, and nashing of teeth. How you’ve managed in the face of that attitude, well, you’re amazing. Keep it up, you’ll make it despite the wee buggarts. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the little one’s photo. I can just see him rocking to sleep in a little cradle of tumbleweed.

And YIPPEEKI-YAY! At last, Chemo Time! Cue Storm Riders with huge baggy pants doing the Hammer Time dance in the middle of Main Street! Wow, suddenly it happens, and with a health bajingo to boot. Can’t get any better than that. :smiley:

I think my bajingo is due for once over this year too. Suddenly it takes on a whole new meaning…

So - drink loads of uncaffeinated stuff and keep going. Plan the next 7 days as “I’m not doing cardio or anything like it” time. Don’t think 'cos you feel whizzy you can be whizzy, not till Day 8. Moisturise, exfoliate, use your favourite perfume every day, and make sure you have nice things around you to eat. Believe me, you want little bits of comfort all over the place. Oh, I eat non stop for about 3 days in the middle, but it doesn’t add an ounce. I think my body must be on overdrive to cope with the drug. Unfortunately, be prepared for a week of rubbish sleep. Try not to kill or maim anyone, however tempting it may be, and it will get very tempting. :wink:

Martina
Bear with me, I’ll just do up a crib sheet and post it up in a few minutes.