STRAPLESS BRA

I had a double mastectomy without reconstruction a year ago, and as much as possible have refused to allow BC to dictate to me how I dress.

I have always liked to wear fitted tops - and still do, however I hate it when my bra straps show, and so haven’t worn vest tops since the operation. I would dearly love to be able to though, and I also have some tops/dresses with shaped necklines that really require a strapless bra - as I mentioned before I don’t do that “bra straps thing”! (ie have them on display). None of the main mastectomy bra suppliers seem to sell these, and although I have considered buying a normal one and having pockets put in I haven’t been able to find a suitable one. I have tried boob tube type bra tops, but because they don’t have clasps they don’t stay up!

I’m sure I can’t be the only one who has experienced this. Has anyone solved this problem. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Sunnyday

There is a company that do strapless bras but I don’t remember the name, perhaps someone else will. I sent for one in my size and it almost stopped my circulation it was very uncomfortable so I sent it back, I am quite large so maybe someone skinner would have more luck !
Su

Thank you Daisy-May for responding & sorry for the delay in my replying. I have googled strapless mastectomy bra and came up with Bouncing Back Bras - I think this may be the supplier you were referring to as it does say that the bra comes up small and you need to order a size smaller round and one cup size smaller too. It is more expensive than I would usually pay but I think I will get lots of wear out of it so think I will give it a go. I plan to order a smaller size as suggested - hope I have more success than you did!

Sunnyday

Good luck - let me know how it goes, we’re on holiday in 4 weeks and i was thinking of a strapless one too. Cheers

Lynn