Struggling with days 5 and 6

Started chemo on Tuesday 6th February. Also Zolodex plunged me into menopause but am finding today really hard going re mental state, feeling weak, hot and sweaty and dizzy. Don’t feel really ill, just odd and up and down. Anyone else struggling? Xx

2 Likes

Newbie have you taken your temperature? Please ring your rapid response number and check with your team just to check all ok. I didn’t have a temperature but my wee was burning and it was an infection that needed antibiotics when I was on chemo and luckily I’d rung my rapid response just to check. Let us know how you get on :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

I don’t have a temperature. I did have a UTi but has Ben treated. Saw GPnon Fri and she confirmed all the swelling and inflammation is hormonal driven. X

1 Like

I have been given antibiotics for the UTI and took last one yesterday. It’s more the hot flushes and today just feeling really dazed and odd but have heard these days are the worst x

1 Like

I always rang my rapid response if something didn’t feel quite right just to check all was ok, they didn’t mind and were pleased I was being vigilant, but for me I always rang them during chemo it was like the bat phone that Batman had :+1: are you on a 21 day cycle? Do you know when your nadir phase is? Please just be extra vigilant when your in your nadir phase :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

I have a bit of a sore throat and just feel rough. But temp is 37.2 and not sure am up to going to hospital as feel weak.x

1 Like

Be careful. When your neutropenic you don’t always get a very high temperature even though infection can be serious. If you feel dreadful then get seen, it’s a red flag for neutropenic sepsis

1 Like

Please ring your rapid response so they can make the call if they need you in or not :heart: everyone wants to battle on through chemo but you have to treat it with respect and. E vigilant and check everything out with your team, they want you safely through chemo as does everyone here in bcn forum :heart: please keep us posted :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

Rang rapid response and went to an and e for 18 hours! White blood cell count bit low but neutrophils about ok. 2 I think. Horrific experience. Saw someone initially and had antibiotic then left for pretty much 12 hours as they couldn’t get a canula in to give me another and no dr to help xx

1 Like

I did call Shi. Hope you saw earlier message x

1 Like

Thanks Vibby, after 18 hours in an and e Inhace some antibiotics. Neutrophils we’re ok at 2 and white blood cells bit low but now have the antibiotics and am ok x

1 Like

:heart:newbie glad you got antibiotics sorry you had such awful experience but so glad you got checked out and got antibiotics :+1::+1::+1:thank you for updating us :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

Well two days later I was in hospital with neutropenic sepsis! Aagh! Now absolutely terrified for next round. Oncologist is reducing dose and changing injections but atill nervous x

1 Like

Newbie1 :heart: glad you are ok sorry you ended up in casa nhs. It does make you want to run for the hills, it did me when I got hospitalised for 6 days after my first chemo and still had 5 more to do but my onc reduced my dose and next 2 fecs were fine :+1: then I went onto docetaxol, first one was fine then 2nd one I had a reaction at start of infusion (this has happened to quite a few on here either on first or second infusion) but again I wanted to run for the hills but my team had seen it all before and knew what to do which made me feel safe :heart: for my 6th chemo my onc said I could either have abraxane (an alternative to docetaxol) or another fec (I had another fec) do talk to your team about how :flushed: you are, they will understand and support and care for you :heart: and do remember how flipping amazing you are :heart: I can’t imagine any one of us who has had or is having chemo ever in our lives imagined we’d ever face it but we somehow manage to get through a day at a time :two_women_holding_hands:doing it our own was as best we can and you will too because your amazing :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like