support group secondary breast cancer stockton on tees

maddison maddison says on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm

calling on everyone with secondry breast cancer who lives in Darlington, /dales, sedgefield, stockton, middlesbrough, billinghsm, hartlepool, co.durham, cleveland. (hope i havnt missed anyone out).

I have been attending the new seca support gp which is on alternative wednesdays at the butterwick hospice (in the grounds of North tees hospital)and I am touting for business. Up till now the most we have managed to get there is 3 people including myself.

this group is very informal and we just discuss whatever takes our fancy. topics of conversation last week were - medication, bathrooms, coping with chidren (range from 12 to 21),holidays including insurance. as you can see a wide range of subjects and you dont have to say anything if you dont want to.

i feel that if we dont get some more interest that it will not continue which will be agreat shame as i for one get alot of support talking to ladies in the same boat as me. I also cant believe there are only 3 of us that need this kind of support.

the next one is wed 2nd May 6.15 -7.45 at the butterwick hospice. the time can be abit ackward for some and dont let the setting put you off as we are in a nice quiet rm. we have been discussing different venues and times.

Hoping for some response or to see you

Maddison