Support in Swansea/Cardiff area?

I have just heard that my husband’s cousin has been diagnosed with breast cancer. It sounds as though it might be more advanced than ideal, but I don’t know the details. My mother in law told me after she had spoken to the husband of the cousin.

Anyway, before I got in touch with her I thought I would ask about places I could suggest she might think about contacting for support in the local area. They live between Cardiff and Swansea, but I don’t know which hospital she will be visiting for treatment. Do all hospitals have a MacMillan centre for example?

Thanks for any information people can give me

1 Like

Thought I would update this in case anyone else comes looking.

There is a support group run by Macmillans that meets n the first Saturday of every month at The Angel, Mawdlam, near junction 36 of the M4. I think it is in the morning.

I only read it on a leaflet today. We were at the pub after the funeral of the relative I was looking to support

Hi I’m in South Wales and had treatment at Velindre Cancer centre Cardiff. Unfortunately for me it’s a 60 mile round trip so not easy to access.

There is a Maggie’s at Velindre Maggie's Cardiff | Maggie's

I asked about local support nearer to Newport, Chepstow, Caldicot, English border but there wasn’t anything😒 I might have to set something up myself. If anyone knows of any, please comment here or message me direct.

Maggie’s gave me leaflets for the below:

There is BreastFriends Cardiff and Vale Breast Cancer Support Group www.breastfriendscandv.org.uk

Also Pontyclun Bosom Pals, meet Boars Head 11-1 First Wednesday
of each month www.pontyclunbosompals.org.uk

There is a Maggie’s at Morriston Hospital Swansea. Maggie's Swansea | Maggie's

Feel free to pass on my @naughty_boob so that they can message me direct if they need to. I’m regularly in Swansea as well.

I hope this helps.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks @naughty_boob

Unfortunately for this relative it is too late. They passed away in early April.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

I didn’t even noticed the original date, I noticed in the latest posts but didn’t fully read it. Sorry.

Hopefully it will help others.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: