Swelling un armpit but no lump as such

Hiya im new here and have a couple of questions as i find the internet quite conflicting.
Im 37 and my aunt (mums sister) sadly passed away at the of 32 from BC.
I have a bump or swelling (thickening) tissue in my armpit. My partner is scared stiff as i asked him too look at my chest and he indeed confirmed this swelling in my armpit looks odd. Also my breastvon the same side has dropped. It now hangs lower than the other. I am jubious about going to the doctor because i dont want to look silly. Has anyone had this? Please help im so worried x

Hi Kimm
Welcome to the BCC forums, along with the support you will soon have here our helpliners are on hand weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000 with practical and emotional support so please feel free to call to talk your concerns over

You may find the following link to the BCC ‘Worried about breast cancer’ information helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=promo&%3Butm_campaign=worried

Take care
Lucy BCC

Dear kimm,

Believe me, you won’t look silly. Please, please go to your GP. If he/she doesn’t already know your aunt passed away at 32 of BC, please tell them and ask them to refer you to a breast clinic. Please don’t Google, just stick to this site, the Macmillan site or the Cancer Research UK website. 

I have no idea whether your symptoms are BC or not, but it is worrying you and your partner, so you need to have these worries addressed. 

There are many booklets that can be downloaded from this site: www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer

They will have some useful information for you. They are .pdf files and can be read on a PC, laptop or tablet. You may need to download the Acrobat Reader if you don’t already have it. It is a free download.

Sending hugs and wishing you good luck, but please do get this issue sorted out.

poemsgalore xx

Thank you so much. I will have a look. Can i demand they send me to a breast clinic because of my mums sister or will they just not if they think nothing is wrong?
Thanks x

Hi again. I had my appointment today and the dictor felt a small bump on my breast. She has refferred me the the breast clinic. I have also had a blood test for hormones and prolactin? Dnt know what thats all about. Anyone have any ideas?