symptoms with lump

Hi

I’m still waithing for my appointment (25th)to diagnose my (large)lumpy area but I was just wondering whether it is usual to have a cancerous lump with no other symptoms, or is it more usual to have a cancerous lump plus puckering of skin/discharge etc?

I know I’m over analysing and trying to second guess things but this site is my lifeline at the moment.

Thanks

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi freddiecider

Whilst you wait for some of the other users to reply with their advice and support you may find the BCC publiction on breast awareness answers some of your questions.
If you would like a copy just follow this link:-

breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.718/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/59

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

yes breast cancer usually starts off with no symptoms -or not any ones u notice and in about 80% of cases i think i read its just a lump that is found which then leads to a cancer diagnosis. you dont have to have other symptoms.
there are plenty of other non cancerous things it could be though, lumpiness is a common symptom for lots of conditions, have a read around.

Hi

Thanks for your thoughts.

I think I ve just got to keep myself busy before Weds. I’ve done loads of research now and it still isn’t going to give me any answers until they test I suppose.

Thanks again

xxxx