Tamoxifen Bleed

Hi there,
I started tamoxifen just under a year ago.
My period stopped during chemo and the drs think I probably went through menopause.
I went for an ultrasound to look at a ovarian cyst and the radiographer saw some very tiny cysts in my endometrium and referred me for a hysteroscopy which is next week.
But yesterday I had some brownish vaginal discharge and today some pink discharge and some bleeding and I’m slightly freaking out? Has this happened to anyone here?

2 Likes

Hi malou. I am really sorry you are feeling so anxious. It is totally understandable after everything you have been through. It is positive that you have a follow up of this soon - you are totally doing the right thing. I am premenopausal but have always had issues with periods. I am 3 months into tamoxifen and things have been a bit weird. Like you I have a cyst that is being monitored. I know it is alarming when you see unexpected blood but bodies are weird things and there are lots of non-scary explanations. I really hope you get some answers very soon. If you are struggling then it might be worth a chat with one of the breast care nurses on here or a call to Macmillan who will be able to give some reassurance hopefully. Take care and good luck. Xx

Hi Malou, I had similar many years ago. On tamoxifen, probably for round about a year and had a bleed. I was also sent for hysteroscopy and they initially thought my insides looked ‘like bubblewrap’ but everything turned out to be ok and I didn’t have any problems with the procedure. Good that you’re getting checked out - I know it’s a worrying time but hope that you find it ok and get an all-clear like I did. Wishing you all the best x

Thank you so much xx

Thank you!! :heart_eyes: