Tamoxifen : bleeding

Hi…

I have been taking tamoxifen for almost 3 following surgery for DCIS. No chemo or radiotherapy. Pre menopausal.

The past few days I have noticed vaginal bleeding, very much like a period, but I have not really had a period since beginning treatment. I have been told and have read that bleeding could be a cause of concern, but how do I know if this could just be an irregular period or something more concerning?

Would appreciate hearing from anyone else who may have or is going through something similar

Many thanks!

1 Like

My periods came back a few months into tamoxifen, having stopped during chemo. I lived in Canada at the time and my Onco wasn’t at all worried. I’ve now moved back home to the UK and my Consultant says it is important to keep them posted on this. My periods have now stopped again after 3 years, and my Consultant just noted all of this but seemed unconcerned. For context, I’m 46 now, had treatment at 42 and started tamoxifen at 43. Sounds like they like to keep across this here in the UK. Good luck with it all.

Hi @crazycapricorn79, if you are still experiencing this and you’d like to chat to our team, you can reach us on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm).
We’re always here to talk things through, at your own pace.
Bernard