Tamoxifen & insomnia

Hi all. I have been using tamoxifen for three months & my radiotherapy finished four weeks ago. For several weeks I have been waking in the small hours & find it very difficult to get back to sleep. I am not having hot flushes (yet) but it is very frustrating to keep waking so early when I am generally very tired anyway. I estimate I am getting around 5 to 6 hours sleep a day. I have managed up til now but I was hoping the situation would resolve itself. I can’t see how I can keep this up any more. Is it an effect of the tamoxifen? Would a chemist be able to give me an over the counter sleep remedy? Anyone else had this? Many thanks  

Hi

I am also suffering from insomnia though I’m not on tamoxifen but letrozole, both of these cause disturbed sleep. I finished radiotherapy mid-August and began letrozole two weeks later. My insomnia began after three weeks of letrozole, I only get 2-3 hours each night and can’t get back to sleep. At my last appointment the consultant said I could take a six week break and consider changing to tamoxifen however I’m reluctant to swop, all these hormone therapies have their side effects. The insomnia has persisted despite the break. Can’t continue with the lack of sleep, it’s debilitating and does not aid our recovery at all.

Will see what consultant suggests at my follow up appointment this week.

Best wishes xx