Tamoxifen teething

Started Tamoxifen last week. My mum had it 20 years ago and can’t remember any side effects. She is glad she didn’t have the internet to frighten her! So I immediately had a headache and nausea which passed after a curry and beer and then the next day (not sure if this was the best idea reading the posts). Yesterday was not good, headache, dry mouth, aches, hot skin, exhaustion. Not feeling the best today but the nurse has said to wait it out. I’m thinking a long walk might work. Any suggestions?

Hi @hobsonchoice,

Welcome to the forum, it’s a very friendly and supportive place so I hope you’ll find it useful.

I’ve found the thread below that might be helpful for you to read through, however I’m sure that ones will reply here with their experiences as well :slight_smile:

Please remember as well that our nurses are always available for any questions or advice you may need here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

All the best,

Alice :heart:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m on my sixth week of Tamoxifen and weird things were happening. I’ve been blaming it all on the chemo, (Kadcyla), I’ve been on. I’ve had five treatments so far and nine to go. About a good week into Tamoxifen, I began getting this severe dry mouth, cracked lips and my skin was so sensitive. By the third week, I was shedding like a Golden Retriever and my hair is so dry! I’ve lost 20 lbs because I have no appetite. My daughter is my hairdresser and she’s afraid to highlight my hair. My roots have to be done so I’m going to chance it because I look so dull and boring. I’m going on a girl’s trip in a few weeks. I hope I can keep up. I’m tired! I’ll let you know if my hair falls out or not,.

1 Like