Tamoxifen withdrawal effects?

Tamoxifen withdrawal effects?

Tamoxifen withdrawal effects? Hi everyone,

I’ve just come off Tamoxifen (I was only on it for a few months, I should say, and I hope you don’t mind my asking this question here).

Has anyone had kind of ‘aftershocks’ from Tamoxifen, after stopping taking it? I feel better than I did while on it, but I’m having violent shakes at night, sweats, nausea etc. I’ve had to stay on the Domperidone for now, as I still really need it. The closest I can get to describing it, is like food poisoning feels.

OK, it’s only been a week and they did kind of warn me …

But it would be reassuring to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

Many thanks
susie xx

For Susie Dear Susie

I am sure you will receive support and advice from the other forum members very soon, in the meantime you are welcome to contact our freephone confidential helpline for information and support on 0808 800 6000. The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

Kind regards

Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

Thanks! Many thanks, I might well call the helpline (again!).

I went loopy last night - couldn’t think straight at all, couldn’t write an email to a friend, and spend most of today in bed. It’s definitely the Tamoxifen as it’s the same feeling as when I was on it … only there are longer gaps now between ‘episodes’ … but they are kind of more violent, if that makes any sense!

Maybe I should have cut down gradually? Oh well, I guess this can’t last for ever!

love to all
Susie x