Tamoxifen

Tamoxifen

Tamoxifen Hello fellow survivers! I had my second lot of BC discovered last May,had lump remved and went through rads.Then i was put on Tamoxifen and I have put on 2 stone since then & its not stopping unless i stop eating all together…not advisable i know.I look like a balloon in my face & round my tummy & it gets me down.I realise that Im so v v lucky to survive a second dose of cancer after 10 years being clear,so shouldnt moan but…I am.Last time I saw my onc a different one from normal,he said something about me being half oeast pos and half testos.? Excuse bad spelling,does that ring a bell with anyone?Because of this I could possibly come off Tamoxifen but my bones were more likely to thin if I did.Sorry to be a pain but soon I wont be able to get through my front door,lol.It seems that we get one hurdle over and another pops up.Thanks for listening,welcome any ideas re:slimming.best wishes Debs x

WEIGHT!!! KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE WEIGHT. JUST RECENTLY SWITCHED FROM TAMOXIFEN TO AROMASIN AFTER TWO PLUS YEARS, AND WEIGHT STILL NOT SHIFTING! GETS ME DOWN TOO, GOT TOLD NOT MUCH I CAN DO. I TOO WOULD LOVE ANY ADVICE.

Weight loss Hello
Just to say you can lose weight if you want to - I’m on tamoxifen (and was briefly on aromasin too). I’ve managed to shed 4.5 stones - admittedly I am still losing weight because I want to - and need to. I took a hard look at my life and decided that the most I could do for me to try to keep BC at bay was to reduce the body fat which would be churning out oestrogen, I then took the step of going to a slimming club - despite feeling sceptical about the value of the support. But for me it has worked - I started by losing weight, then gradually becoming more active (that just means walking places instead of using the car, walking upstairs to put things away right away instead of leaving them on the stairs to be carried up later on). The eating plan also gave me the structure I needed to be honest about what had really happened to my eating habits and ideas of how to include all the healthy eating habits into my life.
I was told not to worry about losing weight too - that the medication would impact on my attempts to lose weight - maybe it has made it a slower process (18mths to lose the weight), but it hasn’t stopped me - and needn’t stop you.
BC affects all our lives - I got round to thinking I wouldn’t let it stop me doing one thing I want to - losing weight.
KatyMc

weight thing! thanks for that you have made me think it is possible and not just to give up because i was told it would be impossible. off to slimming club i go!!!

Shirleyos Good luck! Let us know how you get on
KatyMc