TCH Treatment help - Burning, itchy, peeling hands and feet

My mother has had her 3rd TCH chemo of 6 this past week for Her2/new +, Estrogen & Progesterone receptor +, stage 2.

She has had red, burning, itchy, peeling hands and feet which is progressively getting more and more severe.

Oncologist has her taking a steroid now to help clear it up.

Question I have is this, has anyone had this and found a way to elieviate or lessen the pain? Dr. is considering decreasing the Taxotere on the 4th round and there is discussion of stopping treatment after the 4th round.  Which I am quite concerned with because as we know it the treatment has the best results with 6 full treatments not 4.  

Thank you for any help on this and Bless everyone!

Hi Momof6, 

I am sorry you are going through this difficult time, our users are very supportive and I am sure they will be along soon to show their reassurance. 

You may also want to try posting in one of our Chemotherapy Monthly Threads where our users are already sharing a lot of information and support.

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 600 who will be able to talk to you about your treatment.

If you are overseas you can reach are helpline at (+44) 20 7620 0077. Just to let you know that if you are calling from overseas we are unfortunately unable to offer this for free.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy