Third time unlucky

Hi everyone, had breast cancer first in 2003, when I was 48, had lumpectomy, chemo and radiotherapy, was fine for 10 years, then in 2013 I had a bit of pain in the same breast and was found to have a tiny tumour again. I then had a mastectomy. Again was fine for 10 years when 4 months ago I started getting very breathless, had a chest X-ray and had a load of fluid taken from my lung which contained breast cancer cells. I am now on my first cycle of ibrance and letrozole. Fluid came back just before I started on treatment but unfortunately I also got a dvt and was put on blood thinners so can’t have any more fluid removed until I have been on thinners for 6 weeks. This has been harder than any side effects from the drugs as I can’t walk very far without gasping for air. I am hoping that the treatment may stop the fluid coming back next time. If any of this rings a bell with anyone, I’d welcome any advice or share experiences.

7 Likes

Hi Willow3
I am so sorry you are going through this again.
I cant offer any advice on your treatment. I just wanted to send you a hug.
I am stage 4 de nova i was diagnosed last year at 49. I have mets to my bones. Liver and left lung. I am on my 3rd line of treatment and my 2nd clinical trial.
I do hope after the blood thinners work for you they can drain your lung again. Keep strong :muscle: let us know how you go. I am from the UK but live in Australia. I think this site is amazing for support. Take care 🩷

1 Like

Thank you so much for your hug and good wishes and I send one back to you. I wish you all the best. :heart:

1 Like