Time between chemo and surgery

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with HER2 positive breast cancer in March 2024. I completed 6 cycles of carboplatin+paclitaxel+ Phesgo (trastuzumab+pertuzumab) on 29 July. As of today I still don’t know the date of my surgery - mastectomy with diep reconstruction. It looks like it will be at the beginning of October, over 2 months after the end of chemotherapy.

Is this normal? I’m so worried this is going to impact the outcome of treatment and I’m keen to know if others in this forum had to wait that long. I’m in my forties and there are no medical reasons (I tolerated chemo fairly well) to wait.

Thank you

Angela

1 Like

Hi Angela , welcome to the forum . I’m sorry you haven’t had a reply to your post yet , I’m replying so hopefully someone with recent experience of timescales for surgery after chemo will hopefully spot your post and share their experiences .
Hope you get a date soon and your surgery goes well . You could also post about this in the Ask our Nurses your questions section of the forum , hopefully they will be able to re-assure you about timescales.
Best wishes Jill