Timescales with triple neg

Hi all, just popping back in with a quick question. I was DX July 07, triple neg, had chemo/mx with implant/rads.

So this summer it will have been 5 years since I was diagnosed. I did all the usual reading and research I could, and know that after a while, the risk of secondaries is reduced to such a low level, that you can relax a little… what I want to know is when does the clock start ticking? From DX? MX? End of treatment?

And any changes or further info that I have missed in the last few years? From what I recall, 5 years puts you in the ‘safe’ zone, and 8 years you’re considered ‘cured’, with no reported cases of secondaries after this length of time.

Please correct me/update me as needed!!

If you are beyond three years without any recurrence then the risk of recurrence now is very low…
The figures are generally from surgery which used to always be before treatment but now that surgery can be after chemo therapy I’m not sure that it would be from surgery date but from the start of treatment…

The risk of death from TNBC is highest within the first five years and drops to an extremely low level and there are no reports of recurrence or death after 8 years.

Lxxx