Tingling arms

Hello. My name is Donna and I was diagnosed on the 3rd April.
No treatment plan in place as yet. Recently I have been having tingling/numbing sensations in both arms and a burning sensation across my chest. I am sure this is a response to stress / anxiety, however this feeling is new to me so I feel scared it’s the cancer causing it, in fact on Friday I was convinced I was having a mild heart attack.
Is this something you’ve heard / seen before or have I completely lost the plot?!

1 Like

Hi Donna
You haven’t lost the plot it’s stress and shock of diagnosis I think everyone goes through something similar with me couldn’t sleep , every ache and pain was worrying until you get your treatment plan and have surgery you won’t relax
Speak with your breast care nurse about any worries they are there to help x

4 Likes

Hey
I’m the same , diagnosed April 3rd. Waiting for scan results. I have pains everywhere and a fuzzy head and continually freaking out. Feel like I’m in a nightmare.
Probably doesn’t help but just to say me too.

1 Like

Hi Donna

Thanks for posting.

People experience a range of emotions when they are diagnosed with breast cancer, including worry and anxiety. As @charlottebee suggests you haven’t lost the plot.

Symptoms of anxiety may include tingling and burning sensations. However, it is important to get symptoms that include chest discomfort checked out. So you can make an appointment to see your GP. If you are concerned you are having a heart attack you should call 999.

You can talk to you breast care nurse about how you’re feeling, and they can provide ongoing information and support.

As @charley suggests, you are not alone and talking to someone who has had a similar experience can often be helpful. Our Someone Like Me service can match you with a trained volunteer who’s had a similar experience to you. You can be in touch with your volunteer by phone or email and they can share their personal experiences to answer your questions, offer support or simply listen to how you are feeling.

You can ring the Someone Like Me team on 0114 263 6490 or email them at someone.likeme@breastcancernow.org, so they can then match you to your volunteer.

You may also be interested in our range of free supportive services for anyone who has had a diagnosis of breast cancer which you may be interested in. They include face to face and online courses and events.

You are welcome to call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Val

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.