tiny lump on scar line

tiny lump on scar line

tiny lump on scar line hi ladies, just after a bit of advice, i had bc in 2000 then new bc in my other breast 2006.

i had 3 x fec (whimped out of the other 3) and then 15 x rads.
i have found a tiny lump on my most recent scar line, is it too soon after treatment for this to be a recurrence ?

i have my mammo booked for jan 4th and really cant face more tests this side of xmas, have just had chest xray, bone scan and blood tests as am always tired and getting a lot of joint pain (44 going on 60).
one of blood results was slightly raised (forgotten which one, its the one that could mean poss infection could be esr ?)

dont know what to do as my onc appt is 11th jan and dont want to put yet more worry on my family by having more tests before xmas !

feel like im going mad, have just lost my brother through a tragic accident aged 38 both myself and my family cant take much more, and advice would really be appreciated, thanks dawn x

Hi Dawn First, can I say how sorry I am to hear about your brother. It must be so dreadfully hard to lose him at such a young age. My deepest sympathy.

I’m really sorry you’ve now got something else to worry you, so soon after your last lot of treatment. Of course there is always a chance that it might be a tiny recurrence - we can never rule that out, but it may very well just be a small lump of extra scar tissue or some benign skin problem.

Obviously it has to be your decision as to whether to wait until after Christmas and I can quite understand why you don’t want any more tests just now. Could you ring your breast care nurse for advice and decide when you’ve heard what she has to say? When I had some worrying symptoms near my mastectomy scar in the spring, my bcn was very helpful indeed. If it was me, my instinct would be to try to find out what it is, as I find uncertainty much harder to live with. But you must do what feels right for you. Do keep us posted.

Love

Kathy xxx

Helpline Information Hi dawnie666

It sounds like you are having a rough time at the moment… Please don’t hesitate to contact our free phone helpline on 0808 800 6000 if you would like to talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling at the moment.

Everyone on our helpline either has experience of breast cancer or is a breast care nurse.

The team comes from a variety of backgrounds, so callers have an opportunity to talk to someone who has an understanding of the issues they’re facing. They are able to talk about both technical and emotional issues surrounding breast cancer and breast health

The helpline is available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

Hope this helps

Kind regards
On-line Host
Breast cancer care

thanks for your reply kathy, i have called bcn and she spoke to onc and has arranged for me to see her on tuesday, so that kind of took the desicion out of my hands.

i have only told my daughter about the appt as i needed someone to confide in, (hubby as before cant handle it !! poor him eh ?)

dont get me wrong he is so terrified of losing me but that isnt much support when i need it.

anyway fingers crossed i will have some good news on tuesday (trying hard to stay positive) its very hard at the moment with the loss of my brother and both my chilren have had babys with problems too this year, one has sickle cell trait and he needs an op for another problem next year and my little grandaughter has just been diagnosed with congenital scoliosis, sorry to ramble but things just seem to go from bad to worse. (i know self pity is worthless but its sometimes difficult)

anyway enough of my moans, i will stay POSITIVE, and thanks again for your quick reply, dawn xx

Hi Dawnie, sorry you are going through this. It must be so tough for you just now.

I had a recurrence on my reconstructed breast earlier this year and had to have a lumpectomy to remove several small lumps. Then, just when I thought I was coming out of the woods, I noticed a small lump on my scar.

This turned out to be a stitch coming out. Apparently, although they are supposed to be dissolvable, not all stitches do dissolve, so your body has to kick them out.

Then I had another lump come up just a couple of weeks ago which turned out to be a collection of fluid, which is common after breast surgery.

I know the awful uncertainty that waiting brings, and am glad that you have managed to get an appointment soon.

Really hoping your lump turns out to be nothing too serious.

Deirdre.

For Dawnie Hi dawn

Just wanted to send you a big hug. I know so well what you are going through as I have been in the same position and am there again right now. I find lumps on my scarline all the time but the bcn says I just have lumpy breasts. She’s a great bcn but I don’t find that very reassuring! Do you take Tamoxifen by any chance cos I read a few articles recently that linked joint pain with Tamoxifen.
Anyway, just wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your brother and wanted to send you my love and good wishes. Let’s hope that we’re both sorted out soon.
Love Kate

hi kate, thanks for your reply.

im not on tamoxifen as my first bc was in 2000 and was put on it then as well as zoladex but then had new primary in my other boob in jan this year which was er + so put on arimidex.

i have since stopped taking this because of tiredness and joint pain and have been given chest xray, blood tests and bone scan (all of which i am awaiting results of) in the mean time this lump has appeared.

its like a roundabout you cant get off !

roll on tuesday and hopefully good news, hope all gets sorted for you too.

love n hugs back, dawn xx

hi and sorry for the late reply.
had my appt with cons and she had a quick look and prod around and made my xmas by telling me it was just a cyst !
have got my annual mammo on thurs when hopefully will get an all clear and can get back to some form of normality,
wishing you all the very best of wishes for this new year, love n hugs, dawn xx

So glad your tiny lump turned out to be a cyst. I know how worried you must have been - and how relieved you must be.

Deirdre.