Tips on obtaining Holiday Insurance?

Hi everyone,

Whilst I’ve been told ‘No holidays for the present’, I’m ever positive and want to start looking but NOT actually booking something for the Autumn, first thing is to research details/recommendations for Holiday Travel Insurance, I’ve heard some companies are taking advantage and charging as much as the whole Holiday costs, whilst others take a more sensible approach, but unfortunately I don’t have any company names. Anyone got idea?

Silver6

Hi Silver

I’m not sure where you are up to with your treatment but once you are 12 months post active treatment the costs come down significantly…that said it still cost twice as much to insure me at 57  as my 85 year old mum …I’m 2 years plus since chemo/rads … if you go on compare the market now there is a box you can click on which asks about any cancer diagnosis … I ended up going with insure and go last time ( but I was 1 year out of treatment)…I know ladies with secondary cancer who are having active treatment have been quoted amounts in the thousands…or just refusals…very very difficult when all you want is to get away… hope you get sorted.

just relax.