Tiredness

Hi ladies i have been reading all weekend, the site is already helping although a little hard for me to navigate. I have a stage three with nodes having line put in wed and scans on thr and start my chemo next wed. Also had mastectomy Three weeks this wed, my worry is that iam trying to get on with the daily task and managing things then all of a sudden the life drains from me and the only thing I can do is go to bed for an hour. I feel ok after a sleep, is this normal? Plus I have that much fluid build up I look like I am a b cup. Any help would be appreshated.
Thank you Carolann7

Hi Carolann I can’t help you much except to advise you to look for the monthly chemotherapy thread called anyone starting chemo in September. Join their group for advice. They are also known as the September stars.
Your body has had a shock and anaesthetic so am sure that will be reason for tiredness. Ring the helpline on here or ring your breast care nurse for advice
Good luck. I have just finished chemo and I can assure you, if I can do it, so can you! A few days of side effects each cycle is nothing in the the grand scheme of our lives. Remember, your present situation is not your final destination, the best is yet to come. In a years time you will be over this episode.

Hi Carolann7

I am pleased you have found the forum helpful so far.

I have attached a link to the thread started by members beginning chemo in September as you may find this helpful :

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/Starting-chemo-in-September/m-p/749213#U749213

You could also contact our Helpline for information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Carolann don’t forget you had major surgery only 3 weeks ago. The body takes 6 weeks to recover. You are also experiencing the emotional implications of BC and what it means. Please take it easy on yourself. Take each day as it comes and don’t expect too much from yourself.
With regards to chemo it isn’t easy but its doable. Take all the help you can and focus on getting through each cycle and you’ll get there. Good luck xx