Tiredness

Tiredness

Tiredness I finished all my treatment (Chemo, Mastectomy, Radio) in March 05. Had surgery in June 06 to replace my implant with a silicone one. Why am i still so tired all the time? I feel that i should now be ‘back to normal’ but this tiredness is getting me down. I have 5 kids the youngest being 4yrs so she need a lot of attention. Is it normal to feel this tired after treatment has finished.

Deb xx

Hi Debs, sorry to hear you are so tired, with five young children you are amazing, a normal person would be tired, you have been through a lot, docs told me it takes about 2 years for your body to get back to normal, so please donnt worry, try to get as much rest as you can ( easier said than done ) take care Val

Tiredness Just to agree - it takes time for the body to recover after treatment, so don’t worry about feeling tired. Make sure everyone appreciates that if you are tired, you need to rest, and also that your diet is well-balanced. Cancer sufferers have substantial deficiencies in certain essential minerals and vits., so have a word with your bc team about nutritional care.