TNBC Tumour is stable but note really shrinking…

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with TNBC back in March and started neoadjuvent chemo & immunotherapy mid April. Protocol is standard Keynote 522 - carbo, pac & pem to begin with (all three on day 1, then days 15 and 22 is paclitaxol only). 4 cycles of this before I then move onto 4 cycles of EC every 2 weeks for 8 weeks, continuing Pem alongside.

After first two cycles, so 6 weeks in, I had an MRI and USS. Results show that the tumour is stable and has shrunk just 1mm. I won’t lie I feel really worried, scared and disheartened by this, even though my Onc team are not concerned. I know I shouldn’t compare experiences but I have followed so many people with TNBC’s stories who said they had significant shrinkage by this point. I know it’s possible there is a “tumour bed” of dead cancer but I thought the MRI (with tracer) would show if some of the tumour was dead, but they have not said this is the case :sob: they just focused on the fact that it’s stable and the chemo has stopped it growing.

I would like to hear of other’s experiences, and if anyone else had the same at this stage in treatment.

Thank you xx

1 Like

Hello @button185

Ok so to keep you sane please do try and look at the fact the tumour has shrunk, it may not be alot but it is smaller now. I too had TNBC. Had 4x EC first and that did make the tumor shrink and it was no longer palpable by the 4th cycle. I was taking bio curcumin and Selenium, maybe that helped too. Maybe when you get onto the next chemo that will have a bigger impact. Don’t be disheartened the treatment is just getting going. Have yourself a read of the book radical remission. I found it very uplifting also read Breaking the cancer code. It gave me loads of info on stuff I could do along with chemo.

Keep it going. Sending love :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply :folded_hands:t3: I really am trying to trust the process here and if they aren’t concerned then I know I shouldn’t be, it’s just hard having seen other’s progress. I am hopeful the EC will really zap it up :pleading_face:

Are those supplements? Were they recommended by your doctor?

Thank you again xx

Hi @button185

I chose my supplements and activities to help get rid of cancer through my own searching. I new a guy who was told he was terminal changed his whole lifestyle and removed the cancer naturally.

https://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/grandfather-78-beats-incurable-colon-cancer-by-changing-diet/

Also read Breaking the cancer code by Rubio and Gross which was super sciencey and gave me loads of things i could do for me

I was on a mission and made my own decisions on how I felt about things. I had asked my oncologist about my list of items and she was OK with me doing and taking whatever I wanted. I realised that when she said she had never heard of selenium that she was probably not able to give a definitive yes that will help. So I did it my way. I had mastectomies in Aug 2021 and there was no sign of cancer.

I also did yoga walking and lions breath daily. Had a super positive attitude and super strict on what I ate. Alot of the rubbish food cakes choc etc tasted really bad anyway whilst I was on chemo. I could taste everything and it was not nice.

If you go to my profile you’ll be able to see my previous posts too. There maybe stuff in there thats interesting to you too.. gotta go now, im at work and being naughty being on here. Feel you needed a quick response. Its awful being in limbo. Strategise and be positive itreally foes help

Xxxx

1 Like

Thank you again xx