to go or not to go .....

Hello all,
My mum has been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer ( back in the Autumn ) and after chemo which laster a looonnng time the tumour seems to be decresing in size, however she still experiancing difficulties, including Lyphodema and sickness. My questions to all of you affected with secondary breast cancer, how would you feel if your daughter went travelling at this time, more specifically a WHV, as I’m 29 it sort of my last oppertunity,( It stops at 30) plus I’m at the cross road with my career so it would be a good timing in relation to that, would aim to get experiance in care support.
I’m I being selfoish?? From reading this forum my mum could have years or not… I would hate not to be there but I feel I shouldnt put my life on hold, she wouldn’t want that. I have 2 other sisters who both live quite far away, my dad died when I was a child, but she does have a good netowrk of friends.

Thank you, be woinderful to have your opinions

I always ask myself if I would feel guilty later about doing it or not doing it.  If I think I may feel guilty, I don’t do it.  Then there are no regrets.

Butterfly

I don’t have secondary cancer, but if I did and  it were my daughter, I’d want her to go.  You have - I’m sure, done the best you can in supporting your mum so now it’s your turn. There are so many ways of staying in contact with those at home now,  so you could keep your eye on things from afar so to speak.  It would be awful, if you missed this opportunity and mum (hopefully) was around for a good number of years.  It might spoil your relatiionship with her if that happened. You are not being selfish, just practical. 

Whatever you decide, good luck and good luck to mum.

poemsgalore xx