to worry or not to worry.....that is the question

Hey Lovely ladies
I have a lump in my right breast, I’ve been referred to hopspital had an ultrasound and biopsy, everything is fine. But for the last 5 weeks my other breast has been really itchy on the nipple and very tender. My GP has said it may be eczema!!! I have a follow appoinment concerning the lump in 8 weeks!!! what is going on with my boobs…Im sure lump is getting bigger. Help me if u can guys XX

Hi Emma,
Its a worry isnt it? Hopefully your GP is right, and as you have already had an ultrasound and biopsy that came back clear, chances are everything is fine, and the lump is probably a bit swollen from bruising from the biopsy and should settle soon.
But make sure you keep your follow up appointment and voice your concerns then.
Hoping everything turns out fine for you, sending hugs, xxx

Hi Emma, sorry to hear you have worries, all totally reasonable, its easy to say try not to worry, most lumps are not cancer, but i know its not so easy to actually do that, the BCC helpline is fab for sounding out or just chatting through how you feel. For your sore nipple, my understanding is that eczema (and things like dermatitis and adoneamas) are very common. Have they given you anything for the eczema/is it responding to treatment?

Hi Emma, sorry meant to send you hugz too!

Hi Emma

As well as the support you are receiving here if you need to talk things through please don’t hesitate to give the BCC helpline call on 0808 800 6000. Here you can share your feelings and concerns with someone who will offer you emotional support as well as practical information. The lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Thanks ladies, Ive been given a cream to use, but it does’nt seem to be working :frowning: