Travel Insurance for Metastatic Breast Cancer

Hi, I’m new to the group. My partner was diagnosed with Metastatic breast cancer on Friday 13th of all days! The cancer has now spread to her spine and liver. We are now trying to arrange a travelling bucket list but need good travel insurance. Please can anyone recommend any travel insurance companies which cover for metastatic cancer for which treatment is being received.

Hi I found it difficult to get a quote. A lot of people were saying try insurewith but they are not taking on anymore clients.

I got a quote from Goodtogo insurance for a single trip to France around £280 they wouldn’t cover me for a year. 
Hope you get covered 

cathy

Hi

I was diagnosed in March this year, SBC in spine, liver and lungs.

I have just been to majorca for 2 weeks and got my insurance with All clear travel insurance. It cost £388 for an annual policy. I’m hoping to get away again in the new year to get the most out of the policy.

Hope this helps.

X

I got insurance with Allclear for a single trip to Madrid earlier this month for £400 which covered secondary cancer.  I am on targeted treatment for bone mets.  It was the best deal I could find.

This market really went haywire in the last four weeks or so and a lot of places stopped writing new policies. I was trying to get a global policy including the US for a year and Insurewith quoted me around £500 then a week later only All Clear were offering new policies and they wanted £2300! I dont know if its Covid or what but its annoying.

We did apply for EHIC cards to at least cover for Europe (Im stable on first line targeted therapies) and started looking at US-based insurers. Obviously if you don’t need to go into the US then it may be easier to find solutions, but look up the UKHIC card as it will cover treatment in Europe at the very least (if not trip cancellation)