Treatment over two weeks

Hello. I’m due to have 5 sessions of radiotherapy in a few weeks’ time. I assumed the treatment would be Monday to Friday, but it’s Wednesday to Tuesday. Is this usual to split it over two weeks? Have others had the sessions like this? Thanks.

@sam1
Hi, I had mine in January and it was Thursday, Friday then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday the following week. This is definitely quite common. Good luck

1 Like

Thank you. That’s good to know.

Mine was also a Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, they don’t do it at weekends as far as I know

Good luck with yours
X

1 Like

Thank you.

I had 5 weeks Monday thu Friday-same time every day-it will be over before you know it!

1 Like

My 15 sessions started on a Wednesday and was at different times of the day. I suppose they fit you into their schedule when there’s a slot. Also by doing 2 or 3 and giving you a break they can see how it’s affecting you.

1 Like

I had a week split - Wed Thur Fri then Mon Tue . Think it’s fairly common and absolutely fine. It is also actually give a bit of a break in the middle, which is nice

1 Like

Thanks for your replies. They’ve now moved my treatment to Monday-Friday because the original last two days clashed with a major sporting event, which could have made my journey difficult, so I’m grateful they did that for me.

2 Likes

Had mine last year and it was 5 sessions Thursday Friday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

1 Like

Hi Sam1

Wishing you all the best with your radiotherapy treatment. I think it is common practice to split it over two weeks. when I had mine it was on a Wednesday through to the following Tuesday with Saturday and Sunday off. My radiologist explained that it was to give you your body a break.

1 Like

I had it split like you are so quite common . Hope all goes well

1 Like