Treatment unsure

Hi everyone was just looking some advice I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January it was er positive and her2 negative, after the mri there was some pre cancerous cells also found so I opted for a mastectomy. During testing and the mri the nodes were clear but after the 1st surgery the 1st lymph node had the tiniest bit of the horrible stuff in it and the second one was clear to be sure my consultant wanted to take them all out so I had all lymph nodes removed in March. Fast forward to results today and thankfully all the rest were clear. I’m meeting on Thursday with the oncologist to discuss what treatment I want options will be chemo radiotherapy or and tamoxifen. I really don’t know what to do for the best I have 3 children and I’m 41 has anyone had any similar experiences :pray:

1 Like

Hi @dee41. You are very lucky to have such a speedy team. I had a similar diagnosis but they never gave me an mri so no idea what spread is like. After diagnosis in December,I had my lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy. Second surgery to remove all lymph nodes as sentinel had 4mm macrometastasis. Waiting now for results of the axillary clearance. Regardless of what these results are, I am expecting chemo, radio and tamoxifen. They might do a test like oncotype dx or use Nhs predict to see if chemo is needed. I’m 46 with 3 kids. I’m up for whatever treatment they want to throw at me. Obviously chemo wasn’t initially in my plan but if I need to have it, then I will. I don’t want this to come back. Good luck and let us know how you get on. X

1 Like

Hi there…your treatment options will already be on the table at your appointment…your case will have been discussed at length at the mdt and a tailored treatment plan outlined…i would just be guided by the experts…of course its entirely up to you what you want to do…and nothing will happen with out your consent .

1 Like

I imagine chemo will be decided based on your oncotype score. If you only has a micromet in one lymph node, if your score comes back low, you might be able to skip it. If they suggest it though I would recommend you follow whatever protocol they think is best. Breast cancer is so common that the treatment for it is excellent and your prognosis generally very good if you follow what they tell you.