Triple Negative BC in LA

Anyone diagnosed with triple negative bc especially in LA? Just got diagnosis. Was coming to peace with cancer but finding out that it is triple negative type and looking at what that means has just rocked me.

2 Likes

Lola12 :heart: there are plenty of treatments for tnbc, Joan lunden, Robin Roberts are tnbc survivors and Patricia prijatel who wrote a book surviving triple negative breast cancer is a 2x tnbc survivor. Shannon Doherty is also a good source of information as a stage 4 tnbc she’s a wealth of knowledge :heart:also look at MD Anderson in Texas they have a lot of treatments for tnbc :heart: I’m not in USA but when I was diagnosed tnbc 7 years ago, I am in remission now, I found a lot of information and USA was leap years ahead with treatments :heart: hope this helps in anyway, do keep posting there are other tnbc’s here who will reach out :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

3 Likes

Thank you. I just purchased Pricilla Prijitel’s book.
I know everybody takes it day by day, but when you see that this is considered the deadliest bc and the other stats, I feel like all the positive ways I had decided to approach bc in the last week after my biopsy seems futile. No point in buying the new shoes I wanted, learning some new skills for a new project I wanted to start, basically no point in anything new or for the future. I need to get all my affairs sorted and give my things away so I leave as little burden to my loved ones because time flies.

1 Like

Lola12 :heart:Patricia prijatels book helped me a lot when I was diagnosed tnbc 7 years ago. Please don’t Google there is a lot of old information out there. Treatments are evolving all the time and tnbc is survivable :heart: get your new shoes, get that project started, have a treat after each treatment, take it a day at a time step by step :heart: there are monthly chemo threads on here you can join if you want to :two_women_holding_hands:everyone at bcn helps each other through and bcn has the ask the nurse option on here which you might find useful. There is also the number which you can speak to a nurse or the someone like me option (might cost a fortune phoning from la) though. Please do be kind to yourself, it’s a massive shock being diagnosed with bc but then being told tnbc too and then you Google and go into orbit :heart: please find the mountain lion story on here by strawberry blonde in hope and inspiration it’s helped so many of us over the years :heart:hopefully someone can pop the link to it of here for you (I’m technophobe) so don’t know how to link it sorry. Most importantly do it your way what Evers right for you :heart:because even if you don’t feel like you are in charge, you are :heart: and bcn is here for you and everyone on here is too, so ask away, reach out as much or as little as you want to :heart: :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes