Triple negative breast cancer forumThank you for replying Gerry22, my tumour has visibly increased in size, I'm desperate to start treatment. Have you had any bad side effects so far with your treatment xx

Hi gerry22
I am so pleased that you are managing to have near normal days again and brilliant that you are able to go ‘home’ to Ireland for a week. That is a massive psychological boost for you, especially knowing you only have 2 more treatments left. The finishing line is in sight :clap: .
I hope you have a lovely restful break xxx

2 Likes

I am on that regime too x i am on week 3 of my first cycle x

Morning cazzamck
I think this regime is standard for early stage tnbc.
How have you felt so far xx

So got my treatment plan today got to have 6 months of chemo and immunotherapy then surgery then radiotherapy didn’t realise it be that long but tumour has double in size already

Hi KM - good to hear you got your treatment plan. Sorry to hear your tumour had grown but sounds like the rest of your scans were clear?
Yes that’s the treatment/ timescales we have too.

@diamonddapple @k.m @lola_12 -anyone else - wondering if you’ve also discovered the TNBC Facebook group - uk and Ireland? I’ve been watching a zoom webinar tonight from Oncologist at St Bart’s. The link was posted there. Say they are known globally for research in TNBC.
Anyway that group I’m finding v informative …

How’s it going Diamond? Cycle 2 coming up :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Cheers I haven’t joined any Facebook groups yet

1 Like

Hi lilly
Unfortunately I’m not on FB so I’ve tried to join in my husband’s name. Still waiting to hear.
I know cycle 2 on Friday. How were you after your Paclitaxel last Fri?
I have been ok, although still very windy :rofl::rofl: xxx

1 Like

This was my biggest worry k.m as I could feel mine was getting bigger waiting for treatment to commence.
Do you have a start date for treatment as once I started it was such a massive relief and you feel in control xx

Good luck joining via your husband. A lady posted today with good info about reassuring those of us who did not respond well to immunotherapy. It’s just really informative and supportive. I hope you can look me up when you join @diamonddapple :blush:
My initials are SR and I’ve got sailing boats on my Facebook pic.

Hi all - asked my oncologist today what vitamins to take. He said only vitamin d and calcium. Been reading more about vitamin d - didn’t realise how much we needed to take it.
Anyone else taking vitamins? Now on the hunt to find only vit d/ calcium …

That is the exact opposite of what I was told at my pre-assessment prior to starting chemo. I was taking Bit C and D and was told to stop as over the counter vitamins are really high dose. I didnt think to ask why.
Very bizarre.
I will ask when I go on Friday xxx

Hi Diamond - yikes - I’ve also read online it’s good to take those when you’re on steroids so maybe that’s why he suggested them.
Yes you ask too and see what they say.
Good luck with cycle 2 day 1 tomorrow. I’m definitely more nervous this week. They said I’ll be feeling sick :grimacing:

Did you feel sick after the first one lilly?

I knew the sickness medication was needed. I felt sick when it wore off. No problems though - nothing too bad :blush: After 3 days on anti sickness I was ok. Did you not feel sick Diamond?

I haven’t felt sick so far :crossed_fingers:although I hope I’ve not just jinxed it.
I’ve just been very windy haha

Not yet got to wait to have picc line fitted but hopefully been within next couple of weeks

I wasn’t able to have my treatment yesterday Lilly, my white blood cell count was too low :tired_face:. Nothing I’ve done just what the chemo has done. Pissed off as I was doing so well. I’ve got to wait another week.
How was your treatment yesterday? I hope you’re not feeling too :face_vomiting: today :crossed_fingers: xx

Noooooooo :frowning: oh Diamond that’s a shame. When did you find out? Do you have a blood test on Wednesday like me?
Are they giving you injections to help?
I’m sure it will happen to me too at some point.
My treatment was good thanks. Feel fine - just not much sleep. Got injections, high steroids for anti sickness for 3 days again like cycle 1 day 1.
Really hope you get back on it again next week. I hated missing a week :cry: xx

1 Like

I had my bloods done Weds morning and the Chemo Nurse rang late afternoon to say wbc was 0.975 and needed to be 1. They hoped it would increase by Friday but they did an in house blood test and it had gone down further to 0.84 so no chemo.
Apparently the injections you have after chemo i.e. the main cycle. My question would be that we are having chemo weekly so should we have injections weekly.
I see my Oncologist at the beginning of April so will discuss it with her.
Fingers crossed bloods are ok for next Friday.
Glad you are feeling ok apart from not getting much sleep xxx

Diamond I’m disappointed for you. Really hope you can get back on it again this week. I’ve been feeling super tired but ok. Shallow breathing/ hot flushes. How are feeling?
I’ve been eating nuts/seeds/apricots lots (seedy vitamin balls). Don’t know if that helps?

Ive also signed up to some ‘Look Good Feel Better’ worshops/ webinars over the next few weeks. One in person where you get free make up and the rest are online. Have you seen them too?