Triple negative breast cancer forumThank you for replying Gerry22, my tumour has visibly increased in size, I'm desperate to start treatment. Have you had any bad side effects so far with your treatment xx

I really hope so. I’ve rested over the weekend and just been for lots of walks. I hate it as I am an active person. So :crossed_fingers: for this Friday.
Back to the Hospital today as I had blood in my PICC line and the District Nurse couldn’t flush it so it might be blocked :roll_eyes:.
Ive been eating loads since I started yreatment. I always start the day with fruit and yoghurt but have changed to a lot of organic produce.
I’ve booked onto the Look Good Feel Better workshop but its not until 22nd April.
Hopefully your tiredness and shallow breathing will abate in the next couple of days Lilly. How has the nausea been?
Sending you a virtual hug xxx

Sounds like you’re doing all you can Diamond :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
My face to face LGFB is 24th April - so you’ll have yours first
Blood in your PICC - let me know how they sort that :crossed_fingers:
No nausea yet. But I’ll see when I come off the 3 day steroids they say is for anti sickness tomorrow.
Virtual hugs to you too :hugs: xx

Hope your blood tests have gone well today @diamonddapple? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

They will do the in house blood test when I get there on Friday so :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:.
How have you been lilly xx

I’m feeling more breathless and tired thanks Diamond. Face and stomach bloated from the steroids and lots of hot flushes :blush:. But other than that good.
Really want us both to be getting our chemo on Friday :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Oh gosh I hope so lilly.
Keeping everything crossed for us both :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
How has your nausea been xxx

Morning Lilly
How did your treatment go yesterday and how are you feeling ?
My bloods were fine so Cycle 2 is done. I felt a bit washed out last night but ok this morning so :crossed_fingers: xxx

Hi Diamond - great yesterday went well :clap:
Was thinking of you. Mine was straightforward. Will be interested in my side effects when I’m off steroids. Just bloated. Been eating more vegan though - so am thinking that might be effecting me :joy: Mouth ulcers brewing - doing salt rinsing keep at bay.
Hope you feel ok this weekend. Rest lots. I’m definitely more wiped out after my day 1 cycle than my day 8 yesterday :hugs:

Glad you feel ok lilly.
I only have the steroids when I have all 3, not when I just have Paclitaxel.
Jerry22 had bad mouth ulcers and was told to use Corsodyl mouthwash mint flavour, alcohol free. She was also prescribed Geldair for mouth ulcers. Ive already bought the Corsodyl just in case.
What was it you used for your nails as mine have just started to split?
Ive walked the dog this morning. Resting is alien to me but I am resting more than I was.
Im drinking 2 litres of water a day as well as green teas and a couple of cups of coffee, hopefully that flushes it through :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:.
My next treatment is Thurs due to it being a Bank Holiday on Friday xxx

Hi Diamond - I’m using Polybalm on toes/ fingers. Day/night only. My nails haven’t changed so maybe it’s helping. But it’s pricey. Yes oncologist prescribed some of those gelair sachets - tried them yesterday. Not my fave - but good to have. Got oralieve spray too. Good to have in my handbag,
Sitting on the sofa was definitely not in my pre-cancer routine too. Love that you’ve got a horse Diamond. Are you keeping up with horse looking after duties?
We get to have our treatment on Good Friday
:blush:
I keep buying headscarf’s and then thinking ‘I don’t like that one’ :joy:. I saw a video the other day tying a square one but then we’ll look like 50s housewives.
How’s your hair Diamond? I’m still in the shedding phase but feel it’s slowed down :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:xx

They changed my treatment to the Thursday as they are closed Hood Friday and Easter Monday.
I didn’t have the cold cap Lilly but I still have hair 4 weeks in although it is now very thin but looks ok for the time being.
I love spending time with my horse, my favourite relaxing place. I can’t muck out etc due to the risk of infection but can groom her and spoil her and I have been riding her, not as often as I would like though. The Picc Line team advised me not to in case she pulled me forward abd dislodged my Picc line but the chemo nurse said the benefits of riding far outweighed the risks especially for my mental wellbeing a d carrying on as near normal as I can. I always wear a mask and disposable gloves down there and have anti bac everywhere. At least bloody Covid got us well prepared for hand hygiene xxx

Lovely to hear Diamond you still can look after and get out on your horse :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I hope your bloods have been good this week and your chemo goes well tomorrow :crossed_fingers: xxx

Taxol done today Lilly.
I had a couple of washed out days 5 and 6 cycle 2. Slightly nauseous and bad night sweats. As we know its cumulative so taking it all a day at a time.
Are you having your Taxol tomorrow Lilly xx

Yay glad you got your taxol today Diamond :+1:
Interesting about your side effects. My hot flushes haven’t been so bad this week but still happening. Having to do regular salt mouth rinsing and that other one though which had helped my mouth.
Yes I’m having mine tomorrow. It feels like it’s dragging now and I’ll only be 1/4 way through after tomorrow :crazy_face:
Been feeling more energised for walks :clap:
I hope you’ll feel better quicker this week after just having taxol again :crossed_fingers:xxx

Hi gerry
Am I correct in that you only have one cycle left :hugs:. That must feel absolutely fantastic :raised_hands:.
Do you know how long after treatment finishes you have surgery xxx

Was your taxol ok yesterday Lilly. Thats 6 of the 12 weekly ones done, galfway through that part :raised_hands: xxx

Hi Diamond, what a good memory you have! Yes just one more EC left on the 11th of April. I haven’t found the EC treatments that bad - days 5-10 pretty much write off but the rest of the cycle is good. My Onc told me that my mastectomy will be between 3-6 weeks after the 11th. I have an appointment with her on the 10th, I’ll post an update after that on timescales. When I started on the 14th of November I struggled with the length of treatment ahead of me but I can honestly say it has flown past. Other than some of the side effects the hardest challenge is to to get your head into a space where you can say to yourself ‘I CAN cope with this’ I found I felt less daunted by saying those words. I hope the rest of your treatment plan goes to schedule, it feels so unfair when it has to be delayed due to blood count. You are nearly halfway through your first 12 weeks :clap: Sending virtual hugs :people_hugging: xx

1 Like

Yes half way through Pax/carbo. Feels like it’s going slow now though and I’ve been feeling restless and flat. We even bought a hamster yesterday :crazy_face:
Thanks for your insights there Gerry with the ‘I can cope with this’ words. Good you’ve got some timescales for your surgery.
I’m just used to be so active and having things to look forward to (I’m sure we all are) Tv, books, news, podcasts, work - nothing is of much interest :grimacing:
How are you feeling Diamond? :hugs: xxx

That made me laugh lilly that you have bought a hamster🤣.
I know it seems to be dragging but look at how far you have come and you have cycle 3 this week which is over a third of the way through then only 3 weeks and you will be halfway through.
I’m doing ok at the mo :crossed_fingers: although still very windy haha.
Saw my Oncologist this morning, who is very pleased how much my tumour has shrunk so onwards and upwards xxx

Haha yes the hamster so far has been an anticlimax for sure. He’s hidden in his house for 3 days - but apparently that’s normal :crazy_face:
I had to go to A+E last night Diamond. I was feeling rundown/laboured breathing and my heart has been racing. My Fitbit keeps telling me my heart rate is up even though I’m resting and it woke me up. My temperature was about 38.5 so I had to go in at 4am after speaking to the oncology oncall doctor. They got me straight in. Loads of tests, monitoring, blood checking, fluids, oxygen. Told me I’ve got flu. I’m on Tamiflu now. So no chemo for me this week. My white blood cells are good though :+1:
I came home this afternoon. Definitely felt worse when I got to hospital- so good I went in. But now feel much better. Just need to rest lots and drink water.
I’ve got 4 cycles of Pax/carbo. Only done 2 so far. So I’m a quarter the way through. So 6 (now at least 7) more weeks til I’m half way. Are you only having 3 cycles?
Good luck with your chemo this week :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:Amazing your tumour had shrunk. Did they do an ultra scan? I’ve not had that yet xx

1 Like