Triple negative breast cancer forumThank you for replying Gerry22, my tumour has visibly increased in size, I'm desperate to start treatment. Have you had any bad side effects so far with your treatment xx

A positive and peaceful weekend xx

1 Like

Hi all
I hope everyone is doing ok.
@gerry22 PCR well done you, that is fabulous news. I hope you are recovering well from surgery. You radio will be ahead of all of us so i look forward to hearing about it. I am really for you regarding PCR!
@debi1 hang in there my lovely!
@lillytiger @diamonddapple i wish you well for treatment on friday. EC is a strange one, i will be on lots of antisickness for round 2 and am hopeful that i wont be waking on the bathroom floor at 4am. Took me right back to my student days a long long time ago!
May the force be with you all! Big hugs x Anna xx

1 Like

How are you both after EC Friday @anna_x51 & @lillytiger . Iā€™ve not been too bad so far, slightly nauseous but waiting for tomorrow.

How was your meeting with your Oncologist on Saturday @debi1 . Hopefully all your questions were answered and you have a treatment plan :crossed_fingers: xx

Hi all

@diamonddapple i am very relieved to say so far day 2 to 4 antisickness are going well. Just swapped on to a new one tonight so fingers crossed.
I am shattered though but my partner has covid so i am picking everything up at home as we have had to put strict covid controls i place. The kids an i are all negative so far so again fingers crossed.
Take care everyone and i hope you have a good week xx big hugs Anna

Hi ladies hope youā€™re all doing well. Yes it went well diamonddapple i was really surprised how good i felt afterwards. More positive than i had been feeling. Think its the long wait in-between appointments left me and my thoughts to run a bit wild. He reminded me it had been removed this next bit is just bib and braces so to speak. Anyway today got dates though for chemo. Pre appointment next Tuesday and start fri 5th. :grimacing:. Will be having EC-T And will give the cold cap a go. Take care ladies. Sending a big hug to you all xxx

That sounds positive @debi1 and glad your appointment has put your mind your mind at rest now you have a plan. Onwards and upwatds.
@anna_x51 :crossed_fingers:your anti sickness meds will continue to work and no more sleeping on the bathroom floor.
Sorry to hear your partner has covid which is something you could do without :tired_face:. I know quite a few people who have had/have covid which is a bit of a worry. Stay safe.
I hope all you other lovely ladies are doing ok.
I had a meeting with the plastics team last week who advised I was able to have Diep at the same time as mastectomy which threw me a bit. Lots going around in my head as recovery is a lot longer and I just feel I want to get on with my life as soon as I can. I will be 64 this year and am very small breasted and Iā€™d already decided I would have a mastectomy, radiotherapy and stand alone immunotherapy abd then I would be done :crossed_fingers:. Im seeing my Oncologist next week so will question her .
Hope you have as good a week as you can everyone xxx

Thanks diamonddapple looks like you have more disisions to make. Is it something that can be done later on maybe? My cousin waited 2 years before reconstruction. Everyones different and you have to do what is best for you. Anna hope your hubbyā€™s ok and :crossed_fingers: you donā€™t catch covid. Sending love ladies xx

Hi everyone
I was diagnosed in June with tnbc. I was told chemeo, mastectomy, radiotherpay and/or node clearnace and another set of chemo to finish with. Something like 14 months of treatments.
I started with pembrolizumab paxitaxel and carboplatin yesterday. It was ok but i couldnt sleep with the picc line- anyone else have that early on?
I tried scalp cooling so i was there 10-6. A long day! The next two weeks Iā€™ve only got paxitaxel so those days should be quicker!
Iā€™m probably going to have implants. I enjoy swimming and running and i dont want to have a long op and a more scarring but none of the options are ideal!
Its good to read your posts before i started treatment and see where you all are- thank you all.
Iā€™ve been terrified of these lumps growing while waiting and itā€™s a relief to think my uninvited guests might be leaving soon!!

Hi all

I hope everyone has a good day today.
@diamonddapple options are good but i understand you needing more information to make the choice. I hope your team are helpful.

@cf640 the journey is really long. Its so important to be positive and let go of the negative thoughts when they come. This chat threat has been a tremendous support to me. Just to share and get feedback from others that are on the same path has been so valuable. I am glad you found us.

I am on EC round 3 today and will be trying yet another type of anti sickness. Fingers crossed. I met my radiotherapist last week and he is amazing and explained everything so clearly. I left the meeting feeling reassured that there is light at the end of this long tunnel! I will start radio at end of august after 4th EC.

Good luck to those that have treatment today! Big hugs. Anna X

Welcome @cf640 . This journey is doable although at times can be shitty but do your best to stay positive. You CAN do this.
@anna_x51 yes third EC yesterday, my penultimate treatment :raised_hands::raised_hands:. I have found EC a bit more of a struggle than Taxol/Carbo but after Ive got over it I then have about 10 days where I feel more or less normal and have been able to ride my horse a lot which has been great for my emotional health.
Did you suffer with bad nausea after your last EC Anna is that why they are giving you other anti sickness meds, if so I hope they work my lovely.
@lillytiger how have you been on EC, hopefully okšŸ¤ž.
I hope everyone else on this chat is doing ok and wish you all a lovely weekend xx
I hope everyone else on this chat is doing well

Thank you diamonddapple.
I love your name!
Yes, onwards. I still havenā€™t come to terms with it but i have asked for therapy and massage to help.
Clare x

Hi all

Sadly my treatment was cancelled last week as i had a cough so they did a chest xray but there was no one available to review the x ray. So they defered treatment. Despite ox sats and bloods being good and having no temp. The chest xray came back clear on monday. Basically the gerd is causing white frothy salivia which makes me cough and then my asthma flairs up and it becomes a bit cyclic. So i had Ec 3rd dose yeasterday and despite lots on antisickness i was nauseous and retching yesterday evening until i knocked myself our with lorazapam until 4.30 am. The dexamethosone seem to be helping today and i have kept breakfast down. So fingers crossed that 7 days of dezamethasone and domperidone and lorazapam will get me though it.

I hope you are all fairing well. @lillytiger i hope you are not suffering too much. @diamonddapple i am glad its going well for you.
@cf640 i hope your weekly treatment is ok.

Big hug to everyone xx Anna

Hi everyone
That must have been disappointing, Anna.
Iā€™m waiting to be knocked back with an infection or no drugs or whateverā€¦
Iā€™m wondering if anyone else can feel themselves changing? Iā€™m not sure where I want to live anymore or how I want to live and something is shifring in my head. Does anyone else feel this way?
Clare
X

Sorry i should have done @anna_x51

Sorry to hear your treatment was delayed @anna_x51 and you are still struggling with nausea. I am in total awe and

admiration for you ladies who are still working and bringing up a family when you must be feeling crap.
I have suffered more with absolutely no energy this penultimate treatment.

Sorry pressed the reply button.
At times I have had to crawl up the stairs on my hands and knees.
I am so grateful to be retired and am looking forward to the finish line in a few weeks.
I think everyone gets knock backs at some point in their treatment @cf640. You can do this just try and not over think everything, which I know isnā€™t easy. The mind tends to take off when you are at your lowest ebb.
This is all doable and whatever delay or hiccup you have, the experts have seen it all before.
Love and hugs to you all xxx

1 Like

Hi all

@cf640 i have experienced some dark times. Sometimes i look in the mirror and do not recognise myself or my life. It is hard and so tough. Currently I am sick for at least 12 days out of the 21 days at the moment and it is brutal. But i just keeping putting one foot in front of the other. My best foot. And holding on to hope. I found the ppc treatment is hard in a different way the side effects had a cumulative effect. Do ask your treatment team for a break if you need it or to reduce your dose if the symptoms get too much. We are here if you ever need to chat. This will no doubt be a tough year but you can do it!

@diamonddapple yes the cumulative effect is starting to tire me too. I am nauseaous and am resting all weekend. Hoping to work tomorrow to help keep my mind busy. I am holding on to the 1 left!

Then radio. We can and will do this!

Big hugs to everyone

Anna xx

1 Like

How is everyone doing on this chat?
I didnā€™t have my last EC. I was hospitalised after Cycle 7, I wasnt recovering from it, just dragging myself around. Then my temp spiked so had to go to A&E where they admitted me and put me on iv antibiotics for an unknown infection source. Antibiotics gave me diarhoea and thrush and I had a permanent dull ache over my right eye and right earache and still no energy. My Oncologist was concerned cycle 8 would be too much. She didnt want me hospitalised again. She said she stops a lot of her patients after cycle 7 especially if they have responded well to treatment up until then.
I see my breast surgeon on 12th August when I will be given a date for surgery.
I still dont have a lot of energy and am sleeping a lot.
@anna_x51 how have you been after cycle 4 of EC as I know you struggle desperately with nausea.
@lillytiger I bet you are elated now your treatment is finished.
How is everyone else doing xx

Hi all and @diamonddapple
Im just carrying on with infusions - only at 6 this week. Iā€™ve got this rash that is spreading but they are still going ahead i think because my temperature isnā€™t thst high (yet). I was worried i woould have a pause but apparently not. I guess they read the blood results too and mine arenā€™t concerning.
But Iā€™m finding it tough emotionally. Im not in my house and havent been for nearly 3 months because of work being done on it. Cancer has also made me feel ā€œotherā€. The combination of no fixed address and cancer gets me down but i am moving back this coming weekend.
I bought Deborah Jamesā€™s book on audible and ive ebeen listening to that (a lot of wine references!!). Has anyone found decent books that help? I also bought one on Triple Neg but most of the statistics are datedā€¦
H
I hope tour surgery appt goes well @diamonddapple
Xx

Sorry about typos!!