Triple negative diagnosis

Hi  

I was diagnosed 6 weeks ago and I am starting chemo this week. I am feeling positive and strong ,ready to face this,I am 50 and in excellent health otherwise. 

On the down side my mother has also been diagnosed with breast cancer this week, ( not triple negative).

Hi Tina

At least you’re in a better position to support your mother emotionally - it’s not easy to fully appreciate the trauma of that diagnosis unless you’ve been there.

Your treatment pathways are going to be very different, simply based on the fact that she has hormone receptors and you don’t. But please ignore the old trope that TNBC is a lost cause. In the two years I’ve been treated, two new drugs have appeared on the scene which target TNBC and there’s lots of research going on so new improvements are on their way. 

Good luck with your treatment xx

The yellow consent forms for immunotherapy are very scary, because there is a risk of the immune system attacking healthy organs that were previously protected by the ‘checkpoint’ that the immunotherapy is targeting in order to allow the immune system to ‘see’ the cancer. An oncologist contact with around 6 years experience using Pembrolizumab for melanoma and SCLC told me they are generally very well tolerated. I am currently on pembrolizumab plus NAB-Paclitaxel for metastatic TNBC, and am finding it a lot easier than the treatment I had before in the primary setting (EC followed by Paclitaxel). 

Hi 

Thank you for your message.

I am on weekly Paclitaxel an three weekly Carboplatin and Pembro.

So far I had thinning hair but no side effects to mention.

I will be going on to EC in September and feeling quite anxious as I read it’s the strongest chemo available “red diable” 

How was EC for you?

Kind regards.

Cristina x

Hi Tina
I just got diagnosed , triple negative
I am going to start next week. 6 months. First 3 months Pembro plus chemo, weekly . Then next 3 months ac plus Pembro every 3 weeks.

Any advice on how to keep neuropathy away?
Did you cold cap?
Any other advice?
Nervous and scared

Thank you next

1 Like

Hi, I am just beginning my journey with TNBC. I was curious on how things are going for you because our stories sound very similar.

I am stage 1 but they found 2 different cancers in my right breast. One is TNBC and the other is not. I will begin the same meds that you have been taking next week.

Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

2 Likes