Tsunami of bleeding two years after tamoxifen

Help! Lumpectomy and radiotherapy May 22, no bleeding since then other than small smudge last September that was checked out with a colposcopy and all fine…then since yesterday a full tsunami, like post childbirth, where the heck has that come from?! BC nurse is going to speak to consultant about it. Been on tamoxifen for two years. Age 51. Really don’t want to shift to letrozole as worried about bone pain. Feel like I want to jack the whole lot in as was so low risk for BC in the first place, I’m wondering just how much extra protection these drugs are giving us when compared with the cost of our quality of life. Sorry for ranting. Thank you for listening x

Oh @Flossieboss, I’m sorry to hear this has happened - it sounds quite traumatic. I hope that your BC nurse is able to get an answer from your consultant and that it doesn’t happen again. When things like this happen, as you say it’s natural to want to stop the treatment that is causing it, but it’s also important to remember why you started. If you’d like to speak to someone about this, you can always reach our nurses on our helpline, 0808 800 6000. They’re there to offer advice or even just a listening ear.

Hoping today brings better than yesterday,

Alice :heart:

Thank you Alice for your kind words. I’m still waiting to hear back from my BC nurse but I did have a lovely chat with one of the BCN nurses this morning who was very reassuring

1 Like