Very Anxious

Hello Survivors!! After reading several posts where sooo many of you have shared your journeys, I was moved to share my current experience. I’m 41yrs old. Had my very first mammo Oct 23, 2013. A coworker and I went to the same hospital to have our mammos done. Hospital calls(name and their number appeared on the caller I’d. She and I held our breath as the receptionist answered the call. When the receptionist said the call was for me, a brief moment of sheer panic set over me. I was told that a lump was found in my right breast. Prior to my mammo and even now, I never noticed a lump. My right breast itches a lot, but I explained that away as skin irritation. Well, I go in for my ultrasound tomorrow, Nov 4, 2013. I’m a single mother of four. Three are young adults (21, 19, and18). My youngest is 15yrs old. At times I want to just cry, cry, cry. I opt not to cry for fear of upsetting my kids. My boyfriend of 13yrs is very supportive and will be with me at the ultrasound and any other appointments. I’m trying to prepare my mind for the worst but doing that brings me to a state of sheer panic. For me to set my mind on only a positive result, I know for a fact that I wouldn’t be able to bounce back if my results are negative. Does this makes sense? Thanks for allowing me to share.

Hello Mizzmesha72

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you.  I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon. 

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open again in the morning and normal hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hello , I go for my results tomorrow so I know exactly how you are feeling , I am being told by so many people to stay positive  but I keep thinking "what if it’s cancer " , all I can say that I hope helps you as much as it has helped me is that the doctor who did my ultrasound and biopsy said " even if it is you will be ok we will help you through this " I have friends who have been diagnosed and treated successfully and they do aim to cure these days  , stay strong  , this is not going to beat us !!!

Hi hope today had gone well for you, I was in the same boat as you, all I can say is be strong whichever the outcome you will get through it ?