Very scared

Hello I am new here today, I am 49 and went for a mammogram a week ago , had letter yesterday to say I have to go back tomorrow for further exrays etc, have a 3 hr appt. I am scared witless haven’t slept, had to leave work this morn as can’t stop crying am crippled with fear please please help thanks

Hello Frantic

Welcome to the forums.

Whilst waiting for replies from other users maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

best wishes

June, moderator

Hello Frantic,

So sorry you are having such a worrying time right now. There’s no point me telling you to try not to worry, as I know you won’t be able to help it. However, a call back for more tests MIGHT mean just an unclear result and they want to check it. If on the other hand they have found something suspicious and want to confirm it, you have come to the right place for support.

Sending you hugs and best wishes. Please come back and let us know how you got on.

poemsgalore xx