very worried

very worried

very worried Hello,

Im new to this site and was wondering if anyone can help.
My name is claire and i will be 36 in a weeks time.

Iv been having discharge from both my nipples for about 9 months now. I know iv been silly not going to the doctors till now but with 3 young children, time has just passed quickly untill i got this unreal pain in my right breast (took my breath away it was that bad). I went to the doctor and she took blood and asked me to go back. I went back on Tuesday and she said my results were ok but needed me to see somone at hospital and would hear from them in 2-3 weeks. She checked my breasts again and said that the breast with the pain ( the right breast), that the discharge had changed colour to a clear slighty yellow/ pinky colour and also asked if anyone had b/c in the family ( which they havnt).

She said she would send off letter the next morning to the hospital. Thought that things wouldnt be that bad as appointment isnt that rushed, that was until next day i got a phone call from hospital saying that they have been contacted by my gp and need to see me asap. My app is on tuesday.
Since my gp app iv been having a dull ache on the same place on my right breast and a few more sharp pains. Keep telling myself that all will be fine but now hospital app getting nearer im getting scared of what might happen.
Can anyone give me some advice either what will happen or if they have had the same things happen.

thank you so much
claire x

Dear Claire Waiting for appointments can be a very difficult and worrying time. I am sure that the other users will reply with some valuable information and advice.

In addition, you may find Breast Cancer Care’s publication called ‘Referral to a breast clinic’ helpful to read as it gives information regarding what you can expect to happen at your appointment on Tuesday.

You can read this via the following link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/referral_07_0.pdf

Please also feel free to contact our freephone confidential helpline on 0808 800 6000 which is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm where you can speak to someone who will have an understanding of how you are feeling at the moment.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care